Mar 19, 2010, 9:07 AM EDT
Just when you thought the Magic were starting to get healthy, the Fates decided they were not done with them yet.
Mickael Pietrus went down Wednesday against the Spurs with a sprained ankle. He told the Orlando Sentinel he hopes to be back in a week, but that may be an overly optimistic player trying to get back on the court too quickly.
Pietrus said he underwent an MRI, which proved negative. He sprained his right ankle in February, but missed just one game. He said he knew immediately this sprain was worse. “On that one, the next day, I was like, ‘OK, I’m good,’ but now, this one is much worse,” he said.
Pietrus grotesquely turned the ankle without making contact with another player in the second quarter against the Spurs. “I was going to make a move and it felt like my ankle almost touched the ground. I was in pain,” he said.
He’s walking around in a protective boot, a look that seems to be in fashion around the NBA right now. What matters for the Magic is getting him back right for the playoffs. The rest of the regular season is pretty much meaningless in Orlando, they want to get to the “real games.”
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 1
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 30
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 12
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70