Mar 19, 2010, 9:07 AM EDT
Just when you thought the Magic were starting to get healthy, the Fates decided they were not done with them yet.
Mickael Pietrus went down Wednesday against the Spurs with a sprained ankle. He told the Orlando Sentinel he hopes to be back in a week, but that may be an overly optimistic player trying to get back on the court too quickly.
Pietrus said he underwent an MRI, which proved negative. He sprained his right ankle in February, but missed just one game. He said he knew immediately this sprain was worse. “On that one, the next day, I was like, ‘OK, I’m good,’ but now, this one is much worse,” he said.
Pietrus grotesquely turned the ankle without making contact with another player in the second quarter against the Spurs. “I was going to make a move and it felt like my ankle almost touched the ground. I was in pain,” he said.
He’s walking around in a protective boot, a look that seems to be in fashion around the NBA right now. What matters for the Magic is getting him back right for the playoffs. The rest of the regular season is pretty much meaningless in Orlando, they want to get to the “real games.”
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 0
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 34
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38