Mar 19, 2010, 9:07 AM EDT
Just when you thought the Magic were starting to get healthy, the Fates decided they were not done with them yet.
Mickael Pietrus went down Wednesday against the Spurs with a sprained ankle. He told the Orlando Sentinel he hopes to be back in a week, but that may be an overly optimistic player trying to get back on the court too quickly.
Pietrus said he underwent an MRI, which proved negative. He sprained his right ankle in February, but missed just one game. He said he knew immediately this sprain was worse. “On that one, the next day, I was like, ‘OK, I’m good,’ but now, this one is much worse,” he said.
Pietrus grotesquely turned the ankle without making contact with another player in the second quarter against the Spurs. “I was going to make a move and it felt like my ankle almost touched the ground. I was in pain,” he said.
He’s walking around in a protective boot, a look that seems to be in fashion around the NBA right now. What matters for the Magic is getting him back right for the playoffs. The rest of the regular season is pretty much meaningless in Orlando, they want to get to the “real games.”
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 19
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28