Mar 19, 2010, 9:07 AM EDT
Just when you thought the Magic were starting to get healthy, the Fates decided they were not done with them yet.
Mickael Pietrus went down Wednesday against the Spurs with a sprained ankle. He told the Orlando Sentinel he hopes to be back in a week, but that may be an overly optimistic player trying to get back on the court too quickly.
Pietrus said he underwent an MRI, which proved negative. He sprained his right ankle in February, but missed just one game. He said he knew immediately this sprain was worse. “On that one, the next day, I was like, ‘OK, I’m good,’ but now, this one is much worse,” he said.
Pietrus grotesquely turned the ankle without making contact with another player in the second quarter against the Spurs. “I was going to make a move and it felt like my ankle almost touched the ground. I was in pain,” he said.
He’s walking around in a protective boot, a look that seems to be in fashion around the NBA right now. What matters for the Magic is getting him back right for the playoffs. The rest of the regular season is pretty much meaningless in Orlando, they want to get to the “real games.”
- It’s official: Carmelo Anthony announces he will remain face of New York Knicks 0
- Report: Paul Pierce to sign two-year deal to join Wizards 66
- Report: Trevor Ariza to sign 4-year, $32 million deal with Rockets 47
- Pau Gasol tweets he has chosen to play for Bulls. Only question is will it be sign-and-trade or not. 59
- LeBron James’ contract two years, $42 million with Cavaliers. That doesn’t mean he’s leaving. 50
- LeBron returns to Cleveland a more efficient, mature player that can take team further 36
- Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker shine in head-to-head Summer League matchup 22
- Posnanski: LeBron James proves he’s a true Clevelander 61