Mar 19, 2010, 9:07 AM EDT
Just when you thought the Magic were starting to get healthy, the Fates decided they were not done with them yet.
Mickael Pietrus went down Wednesday against the Spurs with a sprained ankle. He told the Orlando Sentinel he hopes to be back in a week, but that may be an overly optimistic player trying to get back on the court too quickly.
Pietrus said he underwent an MRI, which proved negative. He sprained his right ankle in February, but missed just one game. He said he knew immediately this sprain was worse. “On that one, the next day, I was like, ‘OK, I’m good,’ but now, this one is much worse,” he said.
Pietrus grotesquely turned the ankle without making contact with another player in the second quarter against the Spurs. “I was going to make a move and it felt like my ankle almost touched the ground. I was in pain,” he said.
He’s walking around in a protective boot, a look that seems to be in fashion around the NBA right now. What matters for the Magic is getting him back right for the playoffs. The rest of the regular season is pretty much meaningless in Orlando, they want to get to the “real games.”
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 3
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48