Mar 19, 2010, 9:36 AM EST
Getting the paparazzi to follow you around in Los Angeles is about as hard as attracting pigeons at a park with a loaf of bread.
Pau Gasol — not exactly known as one of the beautiful people in Los Angeles — has the right bread now with a glamorous Spanish girlfriend. So the Spanish media is on his tail… and it freaked him out, according to the story at the Los Angeles Times.
Gasol, a Redondo Beach resident, called a Lakers security official and was told to drive to the police department, where he provided a description of the car that was following him. Officers found the car parked nearby and questioned its two inhabitants, who were Spanish (credentialed media). They provided the kicker to the story.
“The shot of him alone was not what they were looking for,” Keenan said. “What they were looking for were shots with him and his girlfriend.”
Gasol’s girlfriend is famous in Spain, having made it to the final cut of a reality show called Circus — basically an American Idol looking for a circus performer — that was a huge hit in their native land. I have no idea why, as I can’t sit through a circus with the people that made it, let alone wannabes. But whatever. Famous people ballroom dancing is huge here, we are in no position to mock Spain on this one.
Famous athlete, hot reality television show star couple living together near the sand in Los Angeles — that will attract some pigeon paparazzi. But I still can’t see Gasol as one of LA’s glamour people. At least not until he does something that lands him on TMZ.
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 0
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 2
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 9
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 10
- You knew this was coming: Carmelo Anthony denies report he has decided to leave Knicks 23
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)