Mar 19, 2010, 10:32 AM EST
The Denver Nuggets are in an odd place. They’re championship contenders, but conditional ones; if they’re going to compete for a title, they need to be clicking and they need to be healthy. Kenyon Martin still has some more time on the shelf, but the Nuggets could take a big hop towards a full rotation sometime next week.
That’s when Ty Lawson hopes to return to the lineup for the Nuggets, and though nothing is set in stone, that’s terrific news for Denver.
Anthony Carter has seen a bump in minutes during Lawson’s absence, but all of the veteran savvy in the world can’t bless Carter with Lawson’s gifts. Ty’s unique combination of shooting, decision-making, and speed make him a crucial weapon for the Nuggets. No back-up point guard has more of a profound impact for a contending team, as Lawson not only manages to contribute playing either behind or alongside Chauncey Billups, but also is a change of pace threat as a one-man fast break.
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 4
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 4
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6