Mar 19, 2010, 10:32 AM EDT
The Denver Nuggets are in an odd place. They’re championship contenders, but conditional ones; if they’re going to compete for a title, they need to be clicking and they need to be healthy. Kenyon Martin still has some more time on the shelf, but the Nuggets could take a big hop towards a full rotation sometime next week.
That’s when Ty Lawson hopes to return to the lineup for the Nuggets, and though nothing is set in stone, that’s terrific news for Denver.
Anthony Carter has seen a bump in minutes during Lawson’s absence, but all of the veteran savvy in the world can’t bless Carter with Lawson’s gifts. Ty’s unique combination of shooting, decision-making, and speed make him a crucial weapon for the Nuggets. No back-up point guard has more of a profound impact for a contending team, as Lawson not only manages to contribute playing either behind or alongside Chauncey Billups, but also is a change of pace threat as a one-man fast break.
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 2
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 12
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 6
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 7
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 63
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4