Mar 18, 2010, 12:11 PM EDT
We Want Tacos!
We want to print out the box score from this game and get small curly fries!
Doesn’t quite have the same ring. Detroit, if you’re going to do a food promotion, do it right, and don’t be cheap. We’ll turn it over to Empty the Bench to explain (via Trey Kerby, who is killing it at Ball Don’t Lie):
Aired during Detroit Pistons’ local broadcasts, Arby’s sponsors what they call the “Instant Three Play.” … If a Pistons player posts a triple-double during the game, print out the box score from your local newspaper (or from the Pistons page on Fox Sports Detroit), take it to your local Arby’s-those that are participating in the promotion-and get yourself… a free small curly fries!
The last Piston to post a triple-double was Ben Wallace, who dropped 12 points, 19 boards, and 10 blocks (good lord!) on November 20, 2003.
Way to be cheap, Arby’s!
I’m in LA, I am at Lakers games, and I have my issues with the famous/infamous “We Want Tacos!” chant (if the Lakers win and hold their opponent under 100 points, everyone gets coupons for two free tacos). Not with the chanting itself — it’s sort of like standing to cheer on the last out of a baseball game that is 9-2 and nobody is on base. You just do it. My issue is with the Jack in the Box tacos — they are both artery clogging and flavorless. Just bad food. And in a city filled with little taquerias and hole-in-the-wall spots with amazing, authentic, flavorful tacos, why would eat the Jack in the Box ones? Even if they are free.
If you’re going to do a food promotion, do it right. Try to give away decent food. But if not that — don’t be cheap. If it’s only on a triple double, you should be giving away a whole meal. Small curly fries? Really Arby’s? That’s the best you got?
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 14
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 10
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18