Mar 18, 2010, 11:50 PM EDT
Mike D’Antoni had no use for Nate Robinson — the team has no point guard to speak of and he still benched Robinson for 14 games. Why? Robinson was not team enough, and acted the clown. D’Antoni had his reasons, but jerked Robinson around pretty good.
Robinson felt Boston’s blowout of the Knicks Wednesday night was a bit of revenge and he wanted to rub it in, said Frank Isola of the New York Daily News:
Nate Robinson rose from his seat on the Celtics bench, looked at Mike D’Antoni and began clapping.
Lil’ Him wasn’t honoring his former coach Wednesday night as much as he was taunting him. With Boston building a 27-point third-quarter lead over the Knicks, Robinson twice made it a point to show that he was enjoying D’Antoni’s misery.
That’s Nate being Nate. He has an enormous ego that can come off as him being, well, an a–. He’s not all wrong, but if you want to take revenge on D’Antoni then do it in the game — instead Robinson had eight points and was almost a non factor.
One would think just getting off the Knicks roster would be revenge enough.
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 18
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 18
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 11
- Preview: Knicks try to continue longshot comeback in Indiana 8
- George Hill cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks 10
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay