Mar 18, 2010, 10:07 PM EDT
The Bulls lost Luol Deng last season late and a short-term injury wound up costing him the rest of the year. This year Deng suffered a much less severe injury, a strained calf, but is still having trouble getting back on the floor. The Bulls thought Deng might be back by Saturday, but after tweaking his leg Wednesday, the Chicago Tribune reports Deng could be out longer.
The Bulls can’t afford more lingering issues. They’ve been starting Acie Law (the IV, mind you), Chris Richard, and other weird replacement players in the midst of their epidemic of injuries.They’re still trying to make the playoffs to show potential free agents that they aren’t a complete mess, but without Deng, this could get tricky.
These leg muscle injuries can linger. You’ll remember KG having problems earlier in the season that were unrelated to his knee injuries.
Deng was the Bulls’ primary scorer when Derrick Rose was struggling earlier in the season. Without them, they have next to no scoring. Derrick Rose is the most important injury the Bulls have to deal with, but Deng’s may end up costing the Bulls the playoffs regardless.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 21
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13