Mar 18, 2010, 10:07 PM EDT
The Bulls lost Luol Deng last season late and a short-term injury wound up costing him the rest of the year. This year Deng suffered a much less severe injury, a strained calf, but is still having trouble getting back on the floor. The Bulls thought Deng might be back by Saturday, but after tweaking his leg Wednesday, the Chicago Tribune reports Deng could be out longer.
The Bulls can’t afford more lingering issues. They’ve been starting Acie Law (the IV, mind you), Chris Richard, and other weird replacement players in the midst of their epidemic of injuries.They’re still trying to make the playoffs to show potential free agents that they aren’t a complete mess, but without Deng, this could get tricky.
These leg muscle injuries can linger. You’ll remember KG having problems earlier in the season that were unrelated to his knee injuries.
Deng was the Bulls’ primary scorer when Derrick Rose was struggling earlier in the season. Without them, they have next to no scoring. Derrick Rose is the most important injury the Bulls have to deal with, but Deng’s may end up costing the Bulls the playoffs regardless.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 0
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 3
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 6
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 15
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31