Mar 18, 2010, 9:55 AM EDT
Indiana isn’t very good with Danny Granger in the lineup. Without him… ugh.
Well, it’s going to be more ugh for a while. While a CT scan of his head and neck showed no serious damage, the Indianapolis Star is reporting there is no timetable for Granger’s return.
“(The team’s physicians will) evaluate him on a day-to-day basis,” O’Brien said. “If he’s capable of going, he’ll go, but you never know when somebody gets hit that hard in the head area.”
Granger didn’t play Wednesday against Cleveland, and Indiana is in no rush to get him back as the only race they are in is to see how many ping-pong balls they have in the NBA lottery. Granger playing won’t help them get more.
Granger has now missed 22 games this season, almost all due to plantar fascia in his right foot. That certainly has helped put Indiana in position to get all those ping-pong balls in the first place.
- Paul George tweets: “I’ll be ok and be back better than ever” 0
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 74
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49