Mar 18, 2010, 9:55 AM EDT
Indiana isn’t very good with Danny Granger in the lineup. Without him… ugh.
Well, it’s going to be more ugh for a while. While a CT scan of his head and neck showed no serious damage, the Indianapolis Star is reporting there is no timetable for Granger’s return.
“(The team’s physicians will) evaluate him on a day-to-day basis,” O’Brien said. “If he’s capable of going, he’ll go, but you never know when somebody gets hit that hard in the head area.”
Granger didn’t play Wednesday against Cleveland, and Indiana is in no rush to get him back as the only race they are in is to see how many ping-pong balls they have in the NBA lottery. Granger playing won’t help them get more.
Granger has now missed 22 games this season, almost all due to plantar fascia in his right foot. That certainly has helped put Indiana in position to get all those ping-pong balls in the first place.
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 0
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 12
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 52
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6