Mar 18, 2010, 9:55 AM EDT
Indiana isn’t very good with Danny Granger in the lineup. Without him… ugh.
Well, it’s going to be more ugh for a while. While a CT scan of his head and neck showed no serious damage, the Indianapolis Star is reporting there is no timetable for Granger’s return.
“(The team’s physicians will) evaluate him on a day-to-day basis,” O’Brien said. “If he’s capable of going, he’ll go, but you never know when somebody gets hit that hard in the head area.”
Granger didn’t play Wednesday against Cleveland, and Indiana is in no rush to get him back as the only race they are in is to see how many ping-pong balls they have in the NBA lottery. Granger playing won’t help them get more.
Granger has now missed 22 games this season, almost all due to plantar fascia in his right foot. That certainly has helped put Indiana in position to get all those ping-pong balls in the first place.
- Wednesday NBA grades: Kevin Durant ends season exactly like you think he would 10
- Finally the NBA playoff match ups are set 39
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 5
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 39
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 17