Mar 18, 2010, 9:55 AM EDT
Indiana isn’t very good with Danny Granger in the lineup. Without him… ugh.
Well, it’s going to be more ugh for a while. While a CT scan of his head and neck showed no serious damage, the Indianapolis Star is reporting there is no timetable for Granger’s return.
“(The team’s physicians will) evaluate him on a day-to-day basis,” O’Brien said. “If he’s capable of going, he’ll go, but you never know when somebody gets hit that hard in the head area.”
Granger didn’t play Wednesday against Cleveland, and Indiana is in no rush to get him back as the only race they are in is to see how many ping-pong balls they have in the NBA lottery. Granger playing won’t help them get more.
Granger has now missed 22 games this season, almost all due to plantar fascia in his right foot. That certainly has helped put Indiana in position to get all those ping-pong balls in the first place.
- Official ‘Clipper’s Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 0
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 11
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48