Mar 18, 2010, 9:55 AM EDT
Indiana isn’t very good with Danny Granger in the lineup. Without him… ugh.
Well, it’s going to be more ugh for a while. While a CT scan of his head and neck showed no serious damage, the Indianapolis Star is reporting there is no timetable for Granger’s return.
“(The team’s physicians will) evaluate him on a day-to-day basis,” O’Brien said. “If he’s capable of going, he’ll go, but you never know when somebody gets hit that hard in the head area.”
Granger didn’t play Wednesday against Cleveland, and Indiana is in no rush to get him back as the only race they are in is to see how many ping-pong balls they have in the NBA lottery. Granger playing won’t help them get more.
Granger has now missed 22 games this season, almost all due to plantar fascia in his right foot. That certainly has helped put Indiana in position to get all those ping-pong balls in the first place.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 7
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 28
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 52
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 85
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13