Mar 18, 2010, 1:35 PM EDT
If it was all on the court, it would be fine.
Monta Ellis and Stephen Curry work together pretty well on the court (at least on Don Nelson’s free-for-all system), with Curry at the point and Ellis as the slasher. Off the court, Monta has his issues with the way everything has gone down. The fans have made Curry their golden boy. The day is coming when Golden State’s management is going to have to make some kind of choice. (For right now, they have bigger choices to make, like coach and direction of the franchise.)
“It’s a lot of fun. One for me, I get the best seat in the house to watch him do what he does night in and night out. He gets to the basket whenever he wants to, he’s playing great defense, taking that challenge on, and I’m having a lot of fun playing with him. I think we both take a little pressure off each other. You can’t really take anything away from both of us because his speed and athleticism and my shooting and passing ability, I think it’s a pretty good tandem to have. Hopefully we stay together, get some guys healthy, go from there, and see what happens.”
It would be interesting to see what would happen, with these two played along side each other in a better environment. Winning is a balm that soothes a lot of things in an NBA locker room. But with the situation in Golden State, it may be a while — if ever — before we see if that is true here.
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 23
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 39
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 15
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 36
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 16
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 34