Mar 17, 2010, 7:09 PM EDT
The scales must be balanced. If not for the sake of justice and Karma, then at least because I’ll be at the Lakers game and talking to Ron Artest this weekend, and I don’t want him angry at me. You wouldn’t like him when he’s angry.
Earlier today as part of our seemingly daily bit of Tyreke Evans love, we showed you his amazing spin move where Evans just abused Ron Artest.
What we didn’t show you is that for the game, Artest did more than just hold his own. The fantastic site NBA Playbook broke it all down, complete with video.
With Ron Artest (and Kobe) Covering Evans – 17 points (on 5-12 shooting – 6 of 9 from the FT line), 6 assists, and 8 rebounds in 38:14.
With others (Jordan Farmar and Shannon Brown) Covering Evans – 8 points (on 2-3 shooting – 4 of 5 from the FT line), 3 assists, and 3 rebounds in 4:08.
Evans has become one of those guys you can’t just completely shut down, you can only hope to make less efficient (like Kobe). The Lakers did that, and won. Evans is going to win some battles, but the Lakers won the war.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 2
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 27
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 22
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 17
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15