Mar 17, 2010, 11:42 PM EDT
Since the All-Star Game, Amare Stoudemire has been Beasting. With the capital “B.” Like Kobe/LeBron level Beasting.
In the last 10 games he is averaging 28 points, 9 rebounds, shooting 54.6 percent and attacking the rim so he gets 10 free throws a game. He and Steve Nash are running an unstoppable pick-and-roll like they did in the D’Antoni era.
The secret to Amare’s resurgence? He’s dropped 26 pounds this season he told the Arizona Republic.
The Suns All-Star had the weight of a franchise hinging on his ability to recover from a serious eye injury and months of down time. He also had the extra pounds on his body caused by limited activity, pushing his weight to around 268 pounds in August.
Part of the reason Stoudemire has returned to his old self is the dropped weight. He has lost about 26 pounds and is down to 242, a more customary weight for him at this point of the season, and his body fat is about 5.5 percent.
“I feel great,” Stoudemire said. “Feel quick. Feel fast. Agile. With that being said, my basketball IQ is definitely improving. That’s been helping my teammates.”
Hold on there… losing weight helps your basketball IQ? Well, that does explain Oliver Miller’s play for all those years.
Somebody get Eddy Curry on the phone, STAT!
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 27
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 40
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4