Mar 17, 2010, 12:40 PM EDT
It was a done deal — he has been sitting on the end of the bench annoying his team now for a couple weeks — but there had to be a formal vote that approved Michael Jordan as the owner of the Bobcats.
How did you think that vote was going to go? Of course, no coronation like this is complete without a canned, meaningless comment from the commissioner in a press release.
“We are pleased that Michael Jordan’s purchase of majority ownership of the Bobcats was approved by the NBA’s Board of Governors and closed in such a smooth and expeditious fashion,” said NBA Commissioner David Stern. “We look forward to the continued growth of the Bobcats, on and off the court, under his leadership.”
Now it feels official.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 28
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 43
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4