Mar 17, 2010, 12:40 PM EDT
It was a done deal — he has been sitting on the end of the bench annoying his team now for a couple weeks — but there had to be a formal vote that approved Michael Jordan as the owner of the Bobcats.
How did you think that vote was going to go? Of course, no coronation like this is complete without a canned, meaningless comment from the commissioner in a press release.
“We are pleased that Michael Jordan’s purchase of majority ownership of the Bobcats was approved by the NBA’s Board of Governors and closed in such a smooth and expeditious fashion,” said NBA Commissioner David Stern. “We look forward to the continued growth of the Bobcats, on and off the court, under his leadership.”
Now it feels official.
- It’s official: Lakers rule out Kobe Bryant for remainder of NBA season 10
- Carmelo Anthony confirms Phil Jackson “will be coming on board” with Knicks 14
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to be team president. Or not. Depends on who you ask. 27
- Extra Pass: Western Conference playoff field ought to be really good, but just how good? 1
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: San Antonio with another impressive statement 17