Mar 16, 2010, 3:04 PM EST
Bobcats swingman Stephen Jackson was part of the Pacers for some very good years. He was also an instrumental part of the lowest moment in Pacer franchise history when he gleefully charged into the stands after Ron Artest went up, punched a fan, and then egged on the crowd as he was escorted out of the arena. Later, Jackson got himself in trouble for firing a gun in a parking lot outside of a strip club, and after that got a chest tattoo to remind himself of the incident.
“I think people are not looking at the fact that I’m human and I make mistakes,” Jackson said after the Bobcats’ practice Monday. “I made two mistakes, but I haven’t been in any trouble since.
“They need to realize I can play this game and I’ve been effective ever since I’ve been in this league. I help teams win and people should let the negative stuff go and look at the positive things.”
As Jackson led the Warriors to one of the most shocking playoff upsets in NBA history and has the feisty Bobcats ready to play the role of first-round spoiler this season, things have not gone well at all in Indiana. Whether Pacer fans blame that on Jackson or not remains to be seen.
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 17
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 2
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 34
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 19