Mar 16, 2010, 4:21 PM EDT
Thaddeus Young got the start at his natural small forward position Monday night but didn’t seem to do much with it — just 2 of 8 shooting and pretty uninspired play as Philly lost to New York.
But we’ll cut him some slack, since he was playing with a broken thumb (according to Rotoworld’s Adam Levitan).
In the first quarter Young suffered a cracked thumbnail but after a visit to the trainer’s room came out for more in the second quarter. Later in the third quarter Young was back in the trainer’s room — after bleeding all over the court — for what was reported to be the same injury.
Turns out it was a broken thumb, he was in a cast on Tuesday. No timetable has been set for his return, but this is Young’s non-shooting hand.
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 6
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 7
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 38
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73