Mar 16, 2010, 4:21 PM EDT
Thaddeus Young got the start at his natural small forward position Monday night but didn’t seem to do much with it — just 2 of 8 shooting and pretty uninspired play as Philly lost to New York.
But we’ll cut him some slack, since he was playing with a broken thumb (according to Rotoworld’s Adam Levitan).
In the first quarter Young suffered a cracked thumbnail but after a visit to the trainer’s room came out for more in the second quarter. Later in the third quarter Young was back in the trainer’s room — after bleeding all over the court — for what was reported to be the same injury.
Turns out it was a broken thumb, he was in a cast on Tuesday. No timetable has been set for his return, but this is Young’s non-shooting hand.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 55
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19