Mar 16, 2010, 4:53 PM EDT
UPDATE 4:55 pm: Jason Terry was at Mavericks’ practice Tuesday, complete with mask. Which he hates. Click on this link from Dallasbasketball.com and you can see why.
“If I miss the first shot, it might be coming off,” Mavs guard Jason Terry said after Tuesday’s practice, during which he wore his new protective mask. “Take a good look now. It might be the last you see of it.”
11:14 am: The hottest team in the NBA is about to get better — Jason Terry could return to the Dallas Mavericks on Wednesday against the Bulls. If not then, by the weekend.
That is a fast recovery from surgery to repair a fractured orbital bone — the eye socket — for Terry, whose face had an unfortunate run in with Ronnie Brewer’s elbow back on March 4.
“Jet has a track record of missing very few games,” Rick Carlisle said. “He’s always come back earlier than expected. The injury was serious, but the fracture was such that it was a lower timetable than it could have been. It could have been several weeks.”
Terry will be wearing a specially-designed plastic mask to protect his face, going with the Rip Hamilton look that is all the rage in Paris this season.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29