Mar 16, 2010, 4:53 PM EST
UPDATE 4:55 pm: Jason Terry was at Mavericks’ practice Tuesday, complete with mask. Which he hates. Click on this link from Dallasbasketball.com and you can see why.
“If I miss the first shot, it might be coming off,” Mavs guard Jason Terry said after Tuesday’s practice, during which he wore his new protective mask. “Take a good look now. It might be the last you see of it.”
11:14 am: The hottest team in the NBA is about to get better — Jason Terry could return to the Dallas Mavericks on Wednesday against the Bulls. If not then, by the weekend.
That is a fast recovery from surgery to repair a fractured orbital bone — the eye socket — for Terry, whose face had an unfortunate run in with Ronnie Brewer’s elbow back on March 4.
“Jet has a track record of missing very few games,” Rick Carlisle said. “He’s always come back earlier than expected. The injury was serious, but the fracture was such that it was a lower timetable than it could have been. It could have been several weeks.”
Terry will be wearing a specially-designed plastic mask to protect his face, going with the Rip Hamilton look that is all the rage in Paris this season.
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 0
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 1
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 16
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 42
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 7
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45