Mar 16, 2010, 4:53 PM EDT
UPDATE 4:55 pm: Jason Terry was at Mavericks’ practice Tuesday, complete with mask. Which he hates. Click on this link from Dallasbasketball.com and you can see why.
“If I miss the first shot, it might be coming off,” Mavs guard Jason Terry said after Tuesday’s practice, during which he wore his new protective mask. “Take a good look now. It might be the last you see of it.”
11:14 am: The hottest team in the NBA is about to get better — Jason Terry could return to the Dallas Mavericks on Wednesday against the Bulls. If not then, by the weekend.
That is a fast recovery from surgery to repair a fractured orbital bone — the eye socket — for Terry, whose face had an unfortunate run in with Ronnie Brewer’s elbow back on March 4.
“Jet has a track record of missing very few games,” Rick Carlisle said. “He’s always come back earlier than expected. The injury was serious, but the fracture was such that it was a lower timetable than it could have been. It could have been several weeks.”
Terry will be wearing a specially-designed plastic mask to protect his face, going with the Rip Hamilton look that is all the rage in Paris this season.
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 7
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 6
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 40
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1