Mar 16, 2010, 11:45 PM EDT
Good thing he went with his head over his heart, because if Kevin Durant had picked Texas to win it all there would have been endless mocking.
Instead, Durant blogged on his site that he is taking the chalk in the NCAA tournament.
As far as some of the more intriguing matchups of the tournament, you can mark me down for Louisville-Cal, Temple-Cornell and, of course, Texas-Wake Forest. I think those will all be worth watching. And I think the second round games are going to be a real joy to watch, too.
As far as the Final Four goes, I’m going to roll with all the top seeds, so Kansas, Syracuse, Kentucky and Duke. I expect to see you all playing in Indy. I’ve got Kansas-Kentucky in the title game, and my National Champion will be….Kansas! Yeah, that’s right, I’m going with the Jayhawks. First off, they’re from the Big 12, they’ve got a ton of weapons and they’ll pose a lot of matchup problems.
Pretty safe choices, KD. We’d mock you for the Kansas pick, except that’s who we have winning it all, too.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 12
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 21
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14