Mar 16, 2010, 11:45 PM EDT
Good thing he went with his head over his heart, because if Kevin Durant had picked Texas to win it all there would have been endless mocking.
Instead, Durant blogged on his site that he is taking the chalk in the NCAA tournament.
As far as some of the more intriguing matchups of the tournament, you can mark me down for Louisville-Cal, Temple-Cornell and, of course, Texas-Wake Forest. I think those will all be worth watching. And I think the second round games are going to be a real joy to watch, too.
As far as the Final Four goes, I’m going to roll with all the top seeds, so Kansas, Syracuse, Kentucky and Duke. I expect to see you all playing in Indy. I’ve got Kansas-Kentucky in the title game, and my National Champion will be….Kansas! Yeah, that’s right, I’m going with the Jayhawks. First off, they’re from the Big 12, they’ve got a ton of weapons and they’ll pose a lot of matchup problems.
Pretty safe choices, KD. We’d mock you for the Kansas pick, except that’s who we have winning it all, too.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 7
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 24
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9