Mar 16, 2010, 11:45 PM EST
Good thing he went with his head over his heart, because if Kevin Durant had picked Texas to win it all there would have been endless mocking.
Instead, Durant blogged on his site that he is taking the chalk in the NCAA tournament.
As far as some of the more intriguing matchups of the tournament, you can mark me down for Louisville-Cal, Temple-Cornell and, of course, Texas-Wake Forest. I think those will all be worth watching. And I think the second round games are going to be a real joy to watch, too.
As far as the Final Four goes, I’m going to roll with all the top seeds, so Kansas, Syracuse, Kentucky and Duke. I expect to see you all playing in Indy. I’ve got Kansas-Kentucky in the title game, and my National Champion will be….Kansas! Yeah, that’s right, I’m going with the Jayhawks. First off, they’re from the Big 12, they’ve got a ton of weapons and they’ll pose a lot of matchup problems.
Pretty safe choices, KD. We’d mock you for the Kansas pick, except that’s who we have winning it all, too.
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. 6
- Report: Grizzlies shopping Zach Randolph around, want deal with Pelicans 6
- Nets notes: Kidd takes some credit, Lopez downplays injury, and Pierce off the bench 1
- Report: Knicks’ owner shoots down trade to get team Kyle Lowry 15
- The Extra Pass: Deron Williams is the difference for Nets; plus Thursday’s recaps 1
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (64)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (51)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)