Mar 16, 2010, 11:45 PM EDT
Good thing he went with his head over his heart, because if Kevin Durant had picked Texas to win it all there would have been endless mocking.
Instead, Durant blogged on his site that he is taking the chalk in the NCAA tournament.
As far as some of the more intriguing matchups of the tournament, you can mark me down for Louisville-Cal, Temple-Cornell and, of course, Texas-Wake Forest. I think those will all be worth watching. And I think the second round games are going to be a real joy to watch, too.
As far as the Final Four goes, I’m going to roll with all the top seeds, so Kansas, Syracuse, Kentucky and Duke. I expect to see you all playing in Indy. I’ve got Kansas-Kentucky in the title game, and my National Champion will be….Kansas! Yeah, that’s right, I’m going with the Jayhawks. First off, they’re from the Big 12, they’ve got a ton of weapons and they’ll pose a lot of matchup problems.
Pretty safe choices, KD. We’d mock you for the Kansas pick, except that’s who we have winning it all, too.
- Report: Terrence Williams arrested in domestic violence case involving threats with a gun 4
- Kobe was never going to retire this summer, says so on twitter 11
- Spurs show they have too much offense for Grizzlies to handle in Game 1 destruction 3
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets 84
- Spurs would like to remind you they are very good, crush Grizzlies in Game 1 20
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (84)
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (84)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay