Mar 15, 2010, 1:53 PM EDT
Danny Granger took a pile of money to stay right were he is, on a bad Pacers team, where he could be the man. Granger doesn’t like losing, but he made his very comfortable, money-lined bed so he sleeps in it.
His advice to LeBron James — do as I say not as I do. You need to be on the move — get out of those winning ways with the Cavaliers and go make money and lose as a Knick. From Hoopshype:
Speaking of LeBron, do you think he’ll stay in Cleveland or bolt to New York?
DG: If I was LeBron, I’d go to New York.
Why the Big Apple?
DG: New York is the media mecca as far as endorsements and being able to expand your personnel net worth. The exposure you can get there isn’t only nationally but globally. New York does all that for you.
What will expand LeBron’s net worth more than anything is to remain the best player on one of the top handful of teams in the league. To remain relevant on the basketball court. To win titles so he can be mentioned with the all-time greats like MJ and Magic and Russell.
That’s not happening in New York, not anytime soon. Sorry Spike Lee, but its’ the truth. LeBron makes NY much better (as would the second big name the could bring in) but the role-players would need to be brought in and rebuilt around him. It all takes a few years. LeBron may be young but he wants to start winning now.
If he’s not already winning it all this year.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 18
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 19
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4