Mar 15, 2010, 1:53 PM EDT
Danny Granger took a pile of money to stay right were he is, on a bad Pacers team, where he could be the man. Granger doesn’t like losing, but he made his very comfortable, money-lined bed so he sleeps in it.
His advice to LeBron James — do as I say not as I do. You need to be on the move — get out of those winning ways with the Cavaliers and go make money and lose as a Knick. From Hoopshype:
Speaking of LeBron, do you think he’ll stay in Cleveland or bolt to New York?
DG: If I was LeBron, I’d go to New York.
Why the Big Apple?
DG: New York is the media mecca as far as endorsements and being able to expand your personnel net worth. The exposure you can get there isn’t only nationally but globally. New York does all that for you.
What will expand LeBron’s net worth more than anything is to remain the best player on one of the top handful of teams in the league. To remain relevant on the basketball court. To win titles so he can be mentioned with the all-time greats like MJ and Magic and Russell.
That’s not happening in New York, not anytime soon. Sorry Spike Lee, but its’ the truth. LeBron makes NY much better (as would the second big name the could bring in) but the role-players would need to be brought in and rebuilt around him. It all takes a few years. LeBron may be young but he wants to start winning now.
If he’s not already winning it all this year.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 55
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19