Mar 15, 2010, 12:27 PM EST
It is appropriate Kenny Hasbrouck gets an NBA shot in March, because that’s where most of you remember him from: He was the guy that led Siena to the tournament and first-round tournament wins the last two years.
Hasbrouck had been in the Heat’s summer developmental camp last year but a broken rib kept him out of training camp and killed any chance he had of playing his way on to the roster. Now he got a deal with the team through the end of the season.
Hasbrouck was a scoring guard in college but the Heat wants to convert him to a point.
The guy left out in the cold is Mike James. He had played for the Heat in the last he pushed to get a contract. He didn’t even get a tryout.
- Thursday night NBA grades: Any more questions for LaMarcus Aldridge? Didn’t think so. 0
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 9
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 20
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 35
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (63)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)