Mar 15, 2010, 7:26 PM EST
Hornets rookie point guard Darren Collison has come on strong in the last two months, to say the least. Collison averaged 21.6 points per game and 8.3 assists per game during the month of February, and is currently averaging 16.1 points per game and 11.4 assists per game in March. Unfortunately for him, Collison probably burst onto the scene too late to take the Rookie of The Year trophy from prohibitive favorites Tyreke Evans and Stephen Curry.
“I definitely think I’m the fastest player. I got a chance to watch Ty Lawson’s game and he is probably up there. I’d definitely say I’m the fastest.”
Speed with the ball is a whole different animal than speed without it, but just for kicks, Collison did edge Lawson by two hundredths of a second in the three-quarter court speed drill at the NBA combine, and Collison beat Lawson by a full half second in the agility drill. It’s almost impossible to know which of the two ultra-quick point guards is actually faster in actual game situations; all we can know for sure is that both of them are too quick for just about any opposing defender to stay in front of.
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 3
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 2
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6