Mar 14, 2010, 5:30 PM EST
If you have not heard about the “Winning Time: Reggie Miller vs. the New York Knicks” documentary for ESPN’s 30 for 30 series, um, where you been?
The documentary screened at Sundance to widespread acclaim and the celebrations have been the same since. They showed it at Conseco Fieldhouse and the fans were giddy. They showed it in New York, and the rumor is that Betty Ford had a 40% increase in occupancy the next day.*
Miller’s rampage against the Knicks was beyond legend. The drama was off the charts, in a time that all anyone seems to remember is Jordan doing Jordan things. Miller’s legacy has been compromised by the lack of a ring and his time on television, but the documentary brings us back to a very simple truth.
In his time, Miller was the most cold-blooded assassin next to Jordan in the 90′s. And to the Knicks, he was their own personal demon. But see for yourself tonight, over on that one network.
*Yeah, that’s not true.
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 6
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 1
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 15
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 23
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 19