Mar 14, 2010, 5:30 PM EST
If you have not heard about the “Winning Time: Reggie Miller vs. the New York Knicks” documentary for ESPN’s 30 for 30 series, um, where you been?
The documentary screened at Sundance to widespread acclaim and the celebrations have been the same since. They showed it at Conseco Fieldhouse and the fans were giddy. They showed it in New York, and the rumor is that Betty Ford had a 40% increase in occupancy the next day.*
Miller’s rampage against the Knicks was beyond legend. The drama was off the charts, in a time that all anyone seems to remember is Jordan doing Jordan things. Miller’s legacy has been compromised by the lack of a ring and his time on television, but the documentary brings us back to a very simple truth.
In his time, Miller was the most cold-blooded assassin next to Jordan in the 90′s. And to the Knicks, he was their own personal demon. But see for yourself tonight, over on that one network.
*Yeah, that’s not true.
- Mike D’Antoni: Chances “pretty good” Kobe plays Sunday 0
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 8
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 7
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 16
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 12
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)