Mar 14, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
If you have not heard about the “Winning Time: Reggie Miller vs. the New York Knicks” documentary for ESPN’s 30 for 30 series, um, where you been?
The documentary screened at Sundance to widespread acclaim and the celebrations have been the same since. They showed it at Conseco Fieldhouse and the fans were giddy. They showed it in New York, and the rumor is that Betty Ford had a 40% increase in occupancy the next day.*
Miller’s rampage against the Knicks was beyond legend. The drama was off the charts, in a time that all anyone seems to remember is Jordan doing Jordan things. Miller’s legacy has been compromised by the lack of a ring and his time on television, but the documentary brings us back to a very simple truth.
In his time, Miller was the most cold-blooded assassin next to Jordan in the 90’s. And to the Knicks, he was their own personal demon. But see for yourself tonight, over on that one network.
*Yeah, that’s not true.
- Report: DeAndre Jordan “on verge ” of taking max deal to join Dallas Mavericks 10
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 10
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 7
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 4
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 22
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 10
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0