Mar 14, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
If you have not heard about the “Winning Time: Reggie Miller vs. the New York Knicks” documentary for ESPN’s 30 for 30 series, um, where you been?
The documentary screened at Sundance to widespread acclaim and the celebrations have been the same since. They showed it at Conseco Fieldhouse and the fans were giddy. They showed it in New York, and the rumor is that Betty Ford had a 40% increase in occupancy the next day.*
Miller’s rampage against the Knicks was beyond legend. The drama was off the charts, in a time that all anyone seems to remember is Jordan doing Jordan things. Miller’s legacy has been compromised by the lack of a ring and his time on television, but the documentary brings us back to a very simple truth.
In his time, Miller was the most cold-blooded assassin next to Jordan in the 90’s. And to the Knicks, he was their own personal demon. But see for yourself tonight, over on that one network.
*Yeah, that’s not true.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 13
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 36
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 26
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2