Mar 14, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
If you have not heard about the “Winning Time: Reggie Miller vs. the New York Knicks” documentary for ESPN’s 30 for 30 series, um, where you been?
The documentary screened at Sundance to widespread acclaim and the celebrations have been the same since. They showed it at Conseco Fieldhouse and the fans were giddy. They showed it in New York, and the rumor is that Betty Ford had a 40% increase in occupancy the next day.*
Miller’s rampage against the Knicks was beyond legend. The drama was off the charts, in a time that all anyone seems to remember is Jordan doing Jordan things. Miller’s legacy has been compromised by the lack of a ring and his time on television, but the documentary brings us back to a very simple truth.
In his time, Miller was the most cold-blooded assassin next to Jordan in the 90’s. And to the Knicks, he was their own personal demon. But see for yourself tonight, over on that one network.
*Yeah, that’s not true.
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 0
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20