Mar 14, 2010, 11:11 PM EDT
Tim Kawakami has laid out the entire thing. Ten reasons one by one, to ditch the Don.
It is a hit job glazed in dynamite. This isn’t a criticism, Nelson’s been calling for it. The reasons are detailed but succinct. But if you want the biggest reason Nelson needs to go, it’s outlined in #2. Alienation.
As has been his track record, Nelson’s cantankerous nature has
alienated Monta Ellis, Anthony Randolph, Andris Biedrins and others.
Good young Warriors players want to get away from the Warriors and
Nelson; good young non-Warriors players want to stay away.
That’s how you stay bad. That’s not how you rebuild.
The Warriors’ misuse of young talent has been borderline tragic. Brandan Wright, Anthony Randolph, even Anthony Morrow.
What’s worse is that after Chris Mullin was tossed from the good ship Warriors, Nelson became the primary acting entity.So the only oversight for him is… well, himself. The result is a management structure that only digs itself further and further into a pit of vacant defense.
The Warriors are unlikely to find a way out of their long, illustrious reign of failure until the ten reasons Kawakami outlines for why Nelson should be fired become the reasons he was fired.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 9
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 5
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 51
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 29
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20