Mar 14, 2010, 11:11 PM EDT
Tim Kawakami has laid out the entire thing. Ten reasons one by one, to ditch the Don.
It is a hit job glazed in dynamite. This isn’t a criticism, Nelson’s been calling for it. The reasons are detailed but succinct. But if you want the biggest reason Nelson needs to go, it’s outlined in #2. Alienation.
As has been his track record, Nelson’s cantankerous nature has
alienated Monta Ellis, Anthony Randolph, Andris Biedrins and others.
Good young Warriors players want to get away from the Warriors and
Nelson; good young non-Warriors players want to stay away.
That’s how you stay bad. That’s not how you rebuild.
The Warriors’ misuse of young talent has been borderline tragic. Brandan Wright, Anthony Randolph, even Anthony Morrow.
What’s worse is that after Chris Mullin was tossed from the good ship Warriors, Nelson became the primary acting entity.So the only oversight for him is… well, himself. The result is a management structure that only digs itself further and further into a pit of vacant defense.
The Warriors are unlikely to find a way out of their long, illustrious reign of failure until the ten reasons Kawakami outlines for why Nelson should be fired become the reasons he was fired.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32