Mar 14, 2010, 11:11 PM EDT
Tim Kawakami has laid out the entire thing. Ten reasons one by one, to ditch the Don.
It is a hit job glazed in dynamite. This isn’t a criticism, Nelson’s been calling for it. The reasons are detailed but succinct. But if you want the biggest reason Nelson needs to go, it’s outlined in #2. Alienation.
As has been his track record, Nelson’s cantankerous nature has
alienated Monta Ellis, Anthony Randolph, Andris Biedrins and others.
Good young Warriors players want to get away from the Warriors and
Nelson; good young non-Warriors players want to stay away.
That’s how you stay bad. That’s not how you rebuild.
The Warriors’ misuse of young talent has been borderline tragic. Brandan Wright, Anthony Randolph, even Anthony Morrow.
What’s worse is that after Chris Mullin was tossed from the good ship Warriors, Nelson became the primary acting entity.So the only oversight for him is… well, himself. The result is a management structure that only digs itself further and further into a pit of vacant defense.
The Warriors are unlikely to find a way out of their long, illustrious reign of failure until the ten reasons Kawakami outlines for why Nelson should be fired become the reasons he was fired.
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 11
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 8
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 14
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 16
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 23