Mar 14, 2010, 11:37 AM EDT
Gerald Wallace rolled his ankle pretty badly on Friday night, and it was still pretty swollen the next day, prompting an MRI. You could literally hear the Bobcats’ breath collectively inhaling like an industrial strength vacuum. A long-term injury to the ‘Cats All-Star would sink their chances for not only doing anything of note in the playoffs, but getting their in the first place.
Good news came late Saturday night as the MRI came back negative for anything more than a sprain.He’ll miss the next two games for sure, and then be re-evaluated day to day.
Ankle injuries are never good, they never really heal (as anyone who’s ever had one will know), and they hurt like a son of a gun. But the important thing for the Cats is making sure Crash is ready for the playoffs.
While he’s out, Coach Larry Brown has said he might turn to Boris Diaw at small forward with Wallace out, which would make for a weird frontcourt. Then again it’s the Cats.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 27
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 50
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28