Mar 14, 2010, 11:37 AM EDT
Gerald Wallace rolled his ankle pretty badly on Friday night, and it was still pretty swollen the next day, prompting an MRI. You could literally hear the Bobcats’ breath collectively inhaling like an industrial strength vacuum. A long-term injury to the ‘Cats All-Star would sink their chances for not only doing anything of note in the playoffs, but getting their in the first place.
Good news came late Saturday night as the MRI came back negative for anything more than a sprain.He’ll miss the next two games for sure, and then be re-evaluated day to day.
Ankle injuries are never good, they never really heal (as anyone who’s ever had one will know), and they hurt like a son of a gun. But the important thing for the Cats is making sure Crash is ready for the playoffs.
While he’s out, Coach Larry Brown has said he might turn to Boris Diaw at small forward with Wallace out, which would make for a weird frontcourt. Then again it’s the Cats.
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 6
- A ‘devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize in time for Game 7 16
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 7
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 13
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 100
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (101)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'