Mar 13, 2010, 10:38 AM EDT
I think we can all agree that the Wizards are having one of the toughest seasons in NBA history. There’s not much more that could go wrong for them. And tonight, the deck’s stacked against them once again.
The Wizards had a game with the Hawks postponed during that big snowstorm a few months back. So it was rescheduled for Thursday. No big deal. And they had to play the next night in Detroit, a game they got smoked in,predictably. Back-to-back roadies will do that to you.
The Wizards already had a back to back scheduled. They fact the Orlando Magic, winners of seven straight, tonight in D.C..
The Wizards have actually been competing fairly well since blowing up their core. Andray Blatche has been beastly, They’re playing hard, and the results haven’t been terrible, comparatively. But a back-to-back-to-back against one of the elite teams in the league, on a hot streak?
You may want to make sure the kids aren’t watching this one.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 4
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 18
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14