Mar 13, 2010, 10:38 AM EST
I think we can all agree that the Wizards are having one of the toughest seasons in NBA history. There’s not much more that could go wrong for them. And tonight, the deck’s stacked against them once again.
The Wizards had a game with the Hawks postponed during that big snowstorm a few months back. So it was rescheduled for Thursday. No big deal. And they had to play the next night in Detroit, a game they got smoked in,predictably. Back-to-back roadies will do that to you.
The Wizards already had a back to back scheduled. They fact the Orlando Magic, winners of seven straight, tonight in D.C..
The Wizards have actually been competing fairly well since blowing up their core. Andray Blatche has been beastly, They’re playing hard, and the results haven’t been terrible, comparatively. But a back-to-back-to-back against one of the elite teams in the league, on a hot streak?
You may want to make sure the kids aren’t watching this one.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 2
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30