Mar 13, 2010, 10:38 AM EST
I think we can all agree that the Wizards are having one of the toughest seasons in NBA history. There’s not much more that could go wrong for them. And tonight, the deck’s stacked against them once again.
The Wizards had a game with the Hawks postponed during that big snowstorm a few months back. So it was rescheduled for Thursday. No big deal. And they had to play the next night in Detroit, a game they got smoked in,predictably. Back-to-back roadies will do that to you.
The Wizards already had a back to back scheduled. They fact the Orlando Magic, winners of seven straight, tonight in D.C..
The Wizards have actually been competing fairly well since blowing up their core. Andray Blatche has been beastly, They’re playing hard, and the results haven’t been terrible, comparatively. But a back-to-back-to-back against one of the elite teams in the league, on a hot streak?
You may want to make sure the kids aren’t watching this one.
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 1
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 1
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 15
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)