Mar 13, 2010, 10:38 AM EDT
I think we can all agree that the Wizards are having one of the toughest seasons in NBA history. There’s not much more that could go wrong for them. And tonight, the deck’s stacked against them once again.
The Wizards had a game with the Hawks postponed during that big snowstorm a few months back. So it was rescheduled for Thursday. No big deal. And they had to play the next night in Detroit, a game they got smoked in,predictably. Back-to-back roadies will do that to you.
The Wizards already had a back to back scheduled. They fact the Orlando Magic, winners of seven straight, tonight in D.C..
The Wizards have actually been competing fairly well since blowing up their core. Andray Blatche has been beastly, They’re playing hard, and the results haven’t been terrible, comparatively. But a back-to-back-to-back against one of the elite teams in the league, on a hot streak?
You may want to make sure the kids aren’t watching this one.
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 4
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 21
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 8
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 8
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 18