Mar 13, 2010, 1:00 AM EDT
Rafer Alson is going through a personal problem involving his twin sister. He was focused on being there for her. Unfortunately, he failed to contact the Heat upon his departure from the team, leading to an indefinite suspension. Once media reports surfaced regarding the nature of his leave of absence, Rafer spoke to the media and outlined regret over the circumstances of his departure.
However, per Pat Riley in a statement to the media Friday night, Alston never did contact the Heat, which has led them to suspend him the rest of the season.
“Our thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family during this time,
but we are at the point where we must move forward with the rest of the
season during our playoff push,” Riley said.
This may be the end of Alston’s career, a rocky one at best, but one that definitely had its high moments. Sometimes, there are just more important things going on.
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson 24
- Report: Vinny Del Negro to meet with Clippers’ owner Donald Sterling this weekend 3
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose 29
- George Hill injury jeopardizes Pacers’ identity 1
- Memphis Grizzlies have new anthem: “We Don’t Bluff” 8
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay