Mar 13, 2010, 1:00 AM EDT
Rafer Alson is going through a personal problem involving his twin sister. He was focused on being there for her. Unfortunately, he failed to contact the Heat upon his departure from the team, leading to an indefinite suspension. Once media reports surfaced regarding the nature of his leave of absence, Rafer spoke to the media and outlined regret over the circumstances of his departure.
However, per Pat Riley in a statement to the media Friday night, Alston never did contact the Heat, which has led them to suspend him the rest of the season.
“Our thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family during this time,
but we are at the point where we must move forward with the rest of the
season during our playoff push,” Riley said.
This may be the end of Alston’s career, a rocky one at best, but one that definitely had its high moments. Sometimes, there are just more important things going on.
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 77
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 6
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 77
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 26
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 45
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19