Mar 13, 2010, 1:00 AM EDT
Rafer Alson is going through a personal problem involving his twin sister. He was focused on being there for her. Unfortunately, he failed to contact the Heat upon his departure from the team, leading to an indefinite suspension. Once media reports surfaced regarding the nature of his leave of absence, Rafer spoke to the media and outlined regret over the circumstances of his departure.
However, per Pat Riley in a statement to the media Friday night, Alston never did contact the Heat, which has led them to suspend him the rest of the season.
“Our thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family during this time,
but we are at the point where we must move forward with the rest of the
season during our playoff push,” Riley said.
This may be the end of Alston’s career, a rocky one at best, but one that definitely had its high moments. Sometimes, there are just more important things going on.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 22
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 28
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16