Mar 13, 2010, 1:00 AM EST
Rafer Alson is going through a personal problem involving his twin sister. He was focused on being there for her. Unfortunately, he failed to contact the Heat upon his departure from the team, leading to an indefinite suspension. Once media reports surfaced regarding the nature of his leave of absence, Rafer spoke to the media and outlined regret over the circumstances of his departure.
However, per Pat Riley in a statement to the media Friday night, Alston never did contact the Heat, which has led them to suspend him the rest of the season.
“Our thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family during this time,
but we are at the point where we must move forward with the rest of the
season during our playoff push,” Riley said.
This may be the end of Alston’s career, a rocky one at best, but one that definitely had its high moments. Sometimes, there are just more important things going on.
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 9
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 9
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 45
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17