Mar 13, 2010, 12:26 PM EDT
The Hawks are enjoying a phenomenal season, one which has seen significant strides for the team as a whole, and for their players as individuals.
Josh Smith has stopped taking jumpers, gone inside, and most importantly brought his athleticism and energy to form a complete defensive game. He’s not leading the league in rebounds or blocks, but it’s arguable that no player has made more of a complete impact, halfcourt to baseline, than Smith on the defensive side.
And that’s what the Hawks are pushing. They’ve set up a website to support Smith for Defensive Player of the Year, called “What I Do.” Getting Smith over Dwight Howard is going to be quite a chore, but it’s good to know that the Hawks are behind their guys.
Similarly, the Hakws are also pressing Jamal Crawford for Sixth Man of the Year, under the site “The Difference.” Crawford’s in a much better position. He’s been a huge part of the Hawks’ augmented offensive attack, and if there’s any question the damage he can do, well, just ask the Celtics.
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 0
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 17
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 14
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 40
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 25
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger