Mar 13, 2010, 3:52 PM EST
Everyone thinks Eddie Jordan is fired. Fans. Media. Management around the league. I’d bet a few of his own players.
Everyone, that is, except Eddie Jordan.
Jordan refuted the rumors of his demise to writers from Delaware Online:
I don’t know where that [rumor] comes from. [The media] just puts it out
there: ‘The team’s not listening.’ They’re full of crap.”
The Sixers did a good job Friday night of pushing the Cavs a bit, shorthanded as they were. But Jordan’s still had one of the worst turnarounds in Sixers history. It’s not like they don’t have talent. This is the same team outside of Andre Miller that made the playoffs two years in a row. None of the young talent has developed, the team is worse, and they’ve gone backwards in a hurry.
Ed Stefanski may have no choice but to release Jordan in order to salvage his own job.
But if you ask Jordan, he thinks you’re out of your head.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 22
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18