Mar 13, 2010, 3:52 PM EST
Everyone thinks Eddie Jordan is fired. Fans. Media. Management around the league. I’d bet a few of his own players.
Everyone, that is, except Eddie Jordan.
Jordan refuted the rumors of his demise to writers from Delaware Online:
I don’t know where that [rumor] comes from. [The media] just puts it out
there: ‘The team’s not listening.’ They’re full of crap.”
The Sixers did a good job Friday night of pushing the Cavs a bit, shorthanded as they were. But Jordan’s still had one of the worst turnarounds in Sixers history. It’s not like they don’t have talent. This is the same team outside of Andre Miller that made the playoffs two years in a row. None of the young talent has developed, the team is worse, and they’ve gone backwards in a hurry.
Ed Stefanski may have no choice but to release Jordan in order to salvage his own job.
But if you ask Jordan, he thinks you’re out of your head.
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 0
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 36
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 17