Mar 13, 2010, 3:52 PM EDT
Everyone thinks Eddie Jordan is fired. Fans. Media. Management around the league. I’d bet a few of his own players.
Everyone, that is, except Eddie Jordan.
Jordan refuted the rumors of his demise to writers from Delaware Online:
I don’t know where that [rumor] comes from. [The media] just puts it out
there: ‘The team’s not listening.’ They’re full of crap.”
The Sixers did a good job Friday night of pushing the Cavs a bit, shorthanded as they were. But Jordan’s still had one of the worst turnarounds in Sixers history. It’s not like they don’t have talent. This is the same team outside of Andre Miller that made the playoffs two years in a row. None of the young talent has developed, the team is worse, and they’ve gone backwards in a hurry.
Ed Stefanski may have no choice but to release Jordan in order to salvage his own job.
But if you ask Jordan, he thinks you’re out of your head.
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 0
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 31
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 31
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61