Mar 13, 2010, 3:52 PM EDT
Everyone thinks Eddie Jordan is fired. Fans. Media. Management around the league. I’d bet a few of his own players.
Everyone, that is, except Eddie Jordan.
Jordan refuted the rumors of his demise to writers from Delaware Online:
I don’t know where that [rumor] comes from. [The media] just puts it out
there: ‘The team’s not listening.’ They’re full of crap.”
The Sixers did a good job Friday night of pushing the Cavs a bit, shorthanded as they were. But Jordan’s still had one of the worst turnarounds in Sixers history. It’s not like they don’t have talent. This is the same team outside of Andre Miller that made the playoffs two years in a row. None of the young talent has developed, the team is worse, and they’ve gone backwards in a hurry.
Ed Stefanski may have no choice but to release Jordan in order to salvage his own job.
But if you ask Jordan, he thinks you’re out of your head.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23