Mar 13, 2010, 11:13 AM EDT
Larry Hughes will be in the playoffs.
Let your brain get around that, quick.
Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer is reporting that the Bobcats have signed Hughes for the remainder of the season. Bonnell states that he’s been signed to pick up the slack after the departure of Flip Murray, but you have to wonder if Hughes will be picking up more minutes than D.J. Augustine, considering Augustine’s struggles this season.
Hughes will have to recover from a broken finger before he can join the ‘Cats.
There’s an interesting dynamic in play for the Bobcats. They were blasted early in the year for their offense, which was beyond wretched. But instead of compromising defensively in exchange for better offensive weapons, they’ve simply added a veteran player with high usage rates with Stephen Jackson. Hughes is remarkably similar, a player that isn’t efficient, isn’t dominant, but can get buckets if he’s hot. It’s an interesting approach, and one that’s paying dividends as the Cats are closer than ever to their first playoff appearance.
Larry Hughes, back in the playoffs.
What a weird world we have discovered.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 0
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 13
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31