Mar 13, 2010, 11:13 AM EDT
Larry Hughes will be in the playoffs.
Let your brain get around that, quick.
Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer is reporting that the Bobcats have signed Hughes for the remainder of the season. Bonnell states that he’s been signed to pick up the slack after the departure of Flip Murray, but you have to wonder if Hughes will be picking up more minutes than D.J. Augustine, considering Augustine’s struggles this season.
Hughes will have to recover from a broken finger before he can join the ‘Cats.
There’s an interesting dynamic in play for the Bobcats. They were blasted early in the year for their offense, which was beyond wretched. But instead of compromising defensively in exchange for better offensive weapons, they’ve simply added a veteran player with high usage rates with Stephen Jackson. Hughes is remarkably similar, a player that isn’t efficient, isn’t dominant, but can get buckets if he’s hot. It’s an interesting approach, and one that’s paying dividends as the Cats are closer than ever to their first playoff appearance.
Larry Hughes, back in the playoffs.
What a weird world we have discovered.
- Western Conference Finals preview: Grizzlies vs. Spurs 0
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 28
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 18
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 14
- Preview: Knicks try to continue longshot comeback in Indiana 8
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay