Mar 13, 2010, 9:48 PM EST
Yahoo!’s Marc Spears has an interesting draft article up tonight outlining the players who won’t be in the NCAA Tournament, most likely. These NITers include Al Farouq Aminu of Wake Forest, and Derrick Favors of Georgia Tech.
Georgia Tech faces Duke tomorrow in the ACC Final, so they’re still breathing. Wake Forest is on life support after getting run out of the building by Miami. Both could end up in the field of 64 if some weird things happen, or both could find themselves in MSG for the NIT, which is ironic, since neither will be drafted by the Knicks, who owe their first round pick to Utah.
Aminu isn’t talked about like the rest of the top prospects, but he’s got a tremendous skillset and will be a steal in the first round. Favors is a probable top five pick, right behind Wall-Turner-Cousins and likely ahead of Cole Aldrich.
For NBA heads like ourselves, that’s what the tournament’s most about. Taking the time to properly scout to prospects on the big stage. But Spears has a great list of guys who won’t be under the big lights. Of course, that rumored 96 team expansion would mean we’d get to watch all of them, if we watched.
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 0
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 15
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5