Mar 13, 2010, 9:48 PM EDT
Yahoo!’s Marc Spears has an interesting draft article up tonight outlining the players who won’t be in the NCAA Tournament, most likely. These NITers include Al Farouq Aminu of Wake Forest, and Derrick Favors of Georgia Tech.
Georgia Tech faces Duke tomorrow in the ACC Final, so they’re still breathing. Wake Forest is on life support after getting run out of the building by Miami. Both could end up in the field of 64 if some weird things happen, or both could find themselves in MSG for the NIT, which is ironic, since neither will be drafted by the Knicks, who owe their first round pick to Utah.
Aminu isn’t talked about like the rest of the top prospects, but he’s got a tremendous skillset and will be a steal in the first round. Favors is a probable top five pick, right behind Wall-Turner-Cousins and likely ahead of Cole Aldrich.
For NBA heads like ourselves, that’s what the tournament’s most about. Taking the time to properly scout to prospects on the big stage. But Spears has a great list of guys who won’t be under the big lights. Of course, that rumored 96 team expansion would mean we’d get to watch all of them, if we watched.
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 0
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 27
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 31
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 39
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 9
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6