Mar 13, 2010, 9:48 PM EDT
Yahoo!’s Marc Spears has an interesting draft article up tonight outlining the players who won’t be in the NCAA Tournament, most likely. These NITers include Al Farouq Aminu of Wake Forest, and Derrick Favors of Georgia Tech.
Georgia Tech faces Duke tomorrow in the ACC Final, so they’re still breathing. Wake Forest is on life support after getting run out of the building by Miami. Both could end up in the field of 64 if some weird things happen, or both could find themselves in MSG for the NIT, which is ironic, since neither will be drafted by the Knicks, who owe their first round pick to Utah.
Aminu isn’t talked about like the rest of the top prospects, but he’s got a tremendous skillset and will be a steal in the first round. Favors is a probable top five pick, right behind Wall-Turner-Cousins and likely ahead of Cole Aldrich.
For NBA heads like ourselves, that’s what the tournament’s most about. Taking the time to properly scout to prospects on the big stage. But Spears has a great list of guys who won’t be under the big lights. Of course, that rumored 96 team expansion would mean we’d get to watch all of them, if we watched.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 5
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36