Mar 13, 2010, 9:48 PM EDT
Yahoo!’s Marc Spears has an interesting draft article up tonight outlining the players who won’t be in the NCAA Tournament, most likely. These NITers include Al Farouq Aminu of Wake Forest, and Derrick Favors of Georgia Tech.
Georgia Tech faces Duke tomorrow in the ACC Final, so they’re still breathing. Wake Forest is on life support after getting run out of the building by Miami. Both could end up in the field of 64 if some weird things happen, or both could find themselves in MSG for the NIT, which is ironic, since neither will be drafted by the Knicks, who owe their first round pick to Utah.
Aminu isn’t talked about like the rest of the top prospects, but he’s got a tremendous skillset and will be a steal in the first round. Favors is a probable top five pick, right behind Wall-Turner-Cousins and likely ahead of Cole Aldrich.
For NBA heads like ourselves, that’s what the tournament’s most about. Taking the time to properly scout to prospects on the big stage. But Spears has a great list of guys who won’t be under the big lights. Of course, that rumored 96 team expansion would mean we’d get to watch all of them, if we watched.
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 0
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 2
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 48
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 26
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 32
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58