Mar 12, 2010, 11:33 AM EST
As was always expected, the goal is to have Shaquille O’Neal back on the floor with the Cavaliers right about the time the playoffs start.
According to the Cleveland News-Herald, Shaq and general manager Danny Ferry worked out a timeline for when the big man will start working out and, depending on how that goes, return to the lineup.
The Cavaliers are pretty much locked in as the number one seed in the East, 4.5 games clear of Orlando. No reason to rush him back, but they will need him integrated back into the lineup by the time the second round of the playoffs roll around (and they could well see the big front line of Boston).
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 0
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 35
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6