Mar 12, 2010, 11:33 AM EDT
As was always expected, the goal is to have Shaquille O’Neal back on the floor with the Cavaliers right about the time the playoffs start.
According to the Cleveland News-Herald, Shaq and general manager Danny Ferry worked out a timeline for when the big man will start working out and, depending on how that goes, return to the lineup.
The Cavaliers are pretty much locked in as the number one seed in the East, 4.5 games clear of Orlando. No reason to rush him back, but they will need him integrated back into the lineup by the time the second round of the playoffs roll around (and they could well see the big front line of Boston).
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 5
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 27
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 23
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10