Mar 12, 2010, 11:33 AM EDT
As was always expected, the goal is to have Shaquille O’Neal back on the floor with the Cavaliers right about the time the playoffs start.
According to the Cleveland News-Herald, Shaq and general manager Danny Ferry worked out a timeline for when the big man will start working out and, depending on how that goes, return to the lineup.
The Cavaliers are pretty much locked in as the number one seed in the East, 4.5 games clear of Orlando. No reason to rush him back, but they will need him integrated back into the lineup by the time the second round of the playoffs roll around (and they could well see the big front line of Boston).
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 52
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 34
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 35
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18