Mar 12, 2010, 11:33 AM EST
As was always expected, the goal is to have Shaquille O’Neal back on the floor with the Cavaliers right about the time the playoffs start.
According to the Cleveland News-Herald, Shaq and general manager Danny Ferry worked out a timeline for when the big man will start working out and, depending on how that goes, return to the lineup.
The Cavaliers are pretty much locked in as the number one seed in the East, 4.5 games clear of Orlando. No reason to rush him back, but they will need him integrated back into the lineup by the time the second round of the playoffs roll around (and they could well see the big front line of Boston).
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 10
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 5
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0