Mar 12, 2010, 11:33 AM EDT
As was always expected, the goal is to have Shaquille O’Neal back on the floor with the Cavaliers right about the time the playoffs start.
According to the Cleveland News-Herald, Shaq and general manager Danny Ferry worked out a timeline for when the big man will start working out and, depending on how that goes, return to the lineup.
The Cavaliers are pretty much locked in as the number one seed in the East, 4.5 games clear of Orlando. No reason to rush him back, but they will need him integrated back into the lineup by the time the second round of the playoffs roll around (and they could well see the big front line of Boston).
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 2
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 9
- Wednesday NBA grades: It’s LaMarcus Aldridge’s world and the Rockets have to live in it 16
- LaMarcus Aldridge ruining Dwight Howard’s chance at redemption 20
- Spurs give the ball away first, then Game 2 to Dallas 13