Mar 12, 2010, 11:33 AM EST
As was always expected, the goal is to have Shaquille O’Neal back on the floor with the Cavaliers right about the time the playoffs start.
According to the Cleveland News-Herald, Shaq and general manager Danny Ferry worked out a timeline for when the big man will start working out and, depending on how that goes, return to the lineup.
The Cavaliers are pretty much locked in as the number one seed in the East, 4.5 games clear of Orlando. No reason to rush him back, but they will need him integrated back into the lineup by the time the second round of the playoffs roll around (and they could well see the big front line of Boston).
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 0
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 5
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 48
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 17
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 28