Mar 12, 2010, 6:51 PM EDT
Focus on the big picture here, Bulls fans — Derrick Rose is fine. Well, pretty much fine, the MRI he had today confirmed it was just a sprain and nothing worse to his left wrist. No fracture, no ligament damage. He’ll be back soon.
But not for the big showdown with the Heat tonight, a key game in the fight for the honor of getting destroyed by Cleveland in the first round. (Although, that’s what the conventional wisdom was with Chicago last year.)
Rose injured his wrist attacking the paint and running into the wall that is Dwight Howard. The two collided in the air, and when they came down Rose tried to break his fall with his left wrist. (People, stop trying to assign some sort of blame or innocence here — that was a basketball play by both sides in the air, fouls get called there at times but not always. Glad they didn’t here, all too often the refs make the call based on the landing not the play.)
No word yet on when Rose will return.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9