Mar 12, 2010, 6:51 PM EST
Focus on the big picture here, Bulls fans — Derrick Rose is fine. Well, pretty much fine, the MRI he had today confirmed it was just a sprain and nothing worse to his left wrist. No fracture, no ligament damage. He’ll be back soon.
But not for the big showdown with the Heat tonight, a key game in the fight for the honor of getting destroyed by Cleveland in the first round. (Although, that’s what the conventional wisdom was with Chicago last year.)
Rose injured his wrist attacking the paint and running into the wall that is Dwight Howard. The two collided in the air, and when they came down Rose tried to break his fall with his left wrist. (People, stop trying to assign some sort of blame or innocence here — that was a basketball play by both sides in the air, fouls get called there at times but not always. Glad they didn’t here, all too often the refs make the call based on the landing not the play.)
No word yet on when Rose will return.
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 0
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 24
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 12
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 8
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 22
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (48)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (45)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)