Mar 12, 2010, 6:51 PM EDT
Focus on the big picture here, Bulls fans — Derrick Rose is fine. Well, pretty much fine, the MRI he had today confirmed it was just a sprain and nothing worse to his left wrist. No fracture, no ligament damage. He’ll be back soon.
But not for the big showdown with the Heat tonight, a key game in the fight for the honor of getting destroyed by Cleveland in the first round. (Although, that’s what the conventional wisdom was with Chicago last year.)
Rose injured his wrist attacking the paint and running into the wall that is Dwight Howard. The two collided in the air, and when they came down Rose tried to break his fall with his left wrist. (People, stop trying to assign some sort of blame or innocence here — that was a basketball play by both sides in the air, fouls get called there at times but not always. Glad they didn’t here, all too often the refs make the call based on the landing not the play.)
No word yet on when Rose will return.
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 43
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 55
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 17
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 15
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 19
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 46
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 10