Mar 12, 2010, 6:51 PM EDT
Focus on the big picture here, Bulls fans — Derrick Rose is fine. Well, pretty much fine, the MRI he had today confirmed it was just a sprain and nothing worse to his left wrist. No fracture, no ligament damage. He’ll be back soon.
But not for the big showdown with the Heat tonight, a key game in the fight for the honor of getting destroyed by Cleveland in the first round. (Although, that’s what the conventional wisdom was with Chicago last year.)
Rose injured his wrist attacking the paint and running into the wall that is Dwight Howard. The two collided in the air, and when they came down Rose tried to break his fall with his left wrist. (People, stop trying to assign some sort of blame or innocence here — that was a basketball play by both sides in the air, fouls get called there at times but not always. Glad they didn’t here, all too often the refs make the call based on the landing not the play.)
No word yet on when Rose will return.
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 0
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 6
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 3
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 21
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 10