Mar 12, 2010, 6:51 PM EDT
Focus on the big picture here, Bulls fans — Derrick Rose is fine. Well, pretty much fine, the MRI he had today confirmed it was just a sprain and nothing worse to his left wrist. No fracture, no ligament damage. He’ll be back soon.
But not for the big showdown with the Heat tonight, a key game in the fight for the honor of getting destroyed by Cleveland in the first round. (Although, that’s what the conventional wisdom was with Chicago last year.)
Rose injured his wrist attacking the paint and running into the wall that is Dwight Howard. The two collided in the air, and when they came down Rose tried to break his fall with his left wrist. (People, stop trying to assign some sort of blame or innocence here — that was a basketball play by both sides in the air, fouls get called there at times but not always. Glad they didn’t here, all too often the refs make the call based on the landing not the play.)
No word yet on when Rose will return.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 9
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 25
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 21
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 99
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27