Mar 12, 2010, 12:32 AM EDT
Chicago’s Derrick Rose attacked the rim with 55 seconds left in the first quarter, only to find what so many players find when they do that against Orlando — Dwight Howard ready to swat the shot.
Howard and Rose met in mid-air and Rose fell awkwardly, then tried to brace his fall with his left wrist and sprained it, according to the team. He was taken to the locker room did not return to the game (one the Magic won handily).
Afterwards coach Vinny Del Negro said an X-Ray showed a sprain and nothing more, but Rose will undergo an MRI tomorrow to confirm the diagnosis. It is unclear when he will return to the court.
This is not the first painful encounter with Howard Rose has had this season. Last month Howard also knocked Rose down while going for the ball and Rose ended up with a hip bruise.
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 1
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18