Mar 12, 2010, 12:32 AM EDT
Chicago’s Derrick Rose attacked the rim with 55 seconds left in the first quarter, only to find what so many players find when they do that against Orlando — Dwight Howard ready to swat the shot.
Howard and Rose met in mid-air and Rose fell awkwardly, then tried to brace his fall with his left wrist and sprained it, according to the team. He was taken to the locker room did not return to the game (one the Magic won handily).
Afterwards coach Vinny Del Negro said an X-Ray showed a sprain and nothing more, but Rose will undergo an MRI tomorrow to confirm the diagnosis. It is unclear when he will return to the court.
This is not the first painful encounter with Howard Rose has had this season. Last month Howard also knocked Rose down while going for the ball and Rose ended up with a hip bruise.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 11
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 6
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 32
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 24
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2