Mar 12, 2010, 8:36 AM EST
It’s one of David Stern’s private messages to NBA owners — don’t do anything that ends you up on TMZ.com.
The Pacers owner Herb Simon has failed that simple directive.
In a lawsuit filed yesterday in L.A. County Superior Court, Herb Simon and his Thai supermodel wife, Bui, are accused of firing Claudia Leite after she told her bosses she became pregnant last month.
In the suit, Leite claims the family “feared” that she would want to take a “brief or limited medical leave of absence” around the time the baby was due — and according to Leite, that wasn’t gonna cut it. But the nanny isn’t going after the Simons alone. The family’s former driver is also suing the couple, claiming they kicked him to the curb when the guy became “disabled with severe infections.”
Who knows if this is legitimate or just a money grab? Either way, what the Pacers really need right now to shore up support in the community is the owner ending up in tabloid headlines. At least he wasn’t firing a gun outside strip club. As far as we know.
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 4
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 11
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 19
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 54
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11