Mar 12, 2010, 8:36 AM EST
It’s one of David Stern’s private messages to NBA owners — don’t do anything that ends you up on TMZ.com.
The Pacers owner Herb Simon has failed that simple directive.
In a lawsuit filed yesterday in L.A. County Superior Court, Herb Simon and his Thai supermodel wife, Bui, are accused of firing Claudia Leite after she told her bosses she became pregnant last month.
In the suit, Leite claims the family “feared” that she would want to take a “brief or limited medical leave of absence” around the time the baby was due — and according to Leite, that wasn’t gonna cut it. But the nanny isn’t going after the Simons alone. The family’s former driver is also suing the couple, claiming they kicked him to the curb when the guy became “disabled with severe infections.”
Who knows if this is legitimate or just a money grab? Either way, what the Pacers really need right now to shore up support in the community is the owner ending up in tabloid headlines. At least he wasn’t firing a gun outside strip club. As far as we know.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 6
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 32
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10