Mar 12, 2010, 8:36 AM EDT
It’s one of David Stern’s private messages to NBA owners — don’t do anything that ends you up on TMZ.com.
The Pacers owner Herb Simon has failed that simple directive.
In a lawsuit filed yesterday in L.A. County Superior Court, Herb Simon and his Thai supermodel wife, Bui, are accused of firing Claudia Leite after she told her bosses she became pregnant last month.
In the suit, Leite claims the family “feared” that she would want to take a “brief or limited medical leave of absence” around the time the baby was due — and according to Leite, that wasn’t gonna cut it. But the nanny isn’t going after the Simons alone. The family’s former driver is also suing the couple, claiming they kicked him to the curb when the guy became “disabled with severe infections.”
Who knows if this is legitimate or just a money grab? Either way, what the Pacers really need right now to shore up support in the community is the owner ending up in tabloid headlines. At least he wasn’t firing a gun outside strip club. As far as we know.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29