Mar 12, 2010, 8:36 AM EDT
It’s one of David Stern’s private messages to NBA owners — don’t do anything that ends you up on TMZ.com.
The Pacers owner Herb Simon has failed that simple directive.
In a lawsuit filed yesterday in L.A. County Superior Court, Herb Simon and his Thai supermodel wife, Bui, are accused of firing Claudia Leite after she told her bosses she became pregnant last month.
In the suit, Leite claims the family “feared” that she would want to take a “brief or limited medical leave of absence” around the time the baby was due — and according to Leite, that wasn’t gonna cut it. But the nanny isn’t going after the Simons alone. The family’s former driver is also suing the couple, claiming they kicked him to the curb when the guy became “disabled with severe infections.”
Who knows if this is legitimate or just a money grab? Either way, what the Pacers really need right now to shore up support in the community is the owner ending up in tabloid headlines. At least he wasn’t firing a gun outside strip club. As far as we know.
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 0
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1