Mar 12, 2010, 10:49 AM EDT
You crash your car into a block wall, the wall wins. Gus Frerotte headbutts a wall to celebrate a touchdown, the wall wins.
Derrick Rose goes barreling down the lane at Dwight Howard and, well, don’t expect anyone in Orlando to feel sorry for Rose.
“He went up and he fell,” he said. “That’s all I remember.”
In fact, Howard even sort of blamed Rose for both falls.
“As a big man you never try to hurt anybody coming down the lane,” Howard said. “Me and Derrick are cool. I think he’s a great player, a great person. You never want to see him get hurt. I talked to him during the All-Star break and I told him, ‘If you come down the lane, always come on two feet. That way you’ll be on balance. If you come off one, all it takes is somebody’s body to hit you the wrong way and you’re gonna fall.”
Magic Coach Stan Van Gundy didn’t even think the play was a foul — clearly he was not watching the play through Rose-colored glasses. It was a foul. Hard foul with the body. No bad intentions, but a clean, hard foul.
It was a reminder that if you come running down the lane against the Magic there is a price to be paid. Rose just seems to be paying that price a lot.
- Popovich explains decision to sit Duncan late in regulation of Game 6 1
- Game 6 was not Gregg Popovich’s best night 33
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 15
- ‘Devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize for Game 7 36
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 14
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (109)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'