Mar 12, 2010, 12:53 PM EDT
We’ve finally found some pot even the members of Phish wouldn’t smoke.
Former Jazz center Robert Whaley was arrested in Salt Lake City yesterday and jailers found marijuana “between his buttocks.” Here’s the account from SLC:
Whaley, 27, had warrants for his arrest for absconding from probation in Michigan. A police document filed with the Salt Lake County jail says gang detectives stopped a car about 4:30 a.m. Thursday. Whaley was a passenger and was not wearing a seat belt, the document says.
“Robert was also found to be in possession of several baggies of marijuana that he was holding between his buttocks,” a police officer wrote.
Whaley remained in the Salt Lake County jail on Friday morning. The jail’s Web site says he is being held in lieu of $10,000 bail.
Whaley is the only guy to ever make the NBA out of Walsh college, a second-round draft pick of the Jazz in 2005, who kept him on the end of the bench for a season and let him play in garbage time 23 times. He was traded to the Raptors the next season but they waived him.
In 2008 he played in 21 games — starting nine — for the Los Angeles D-Fenders of the D-League, the Lakers-owned affiliate.
Apparently we’ll see how he does on the prison playground league now.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50