Mar 11, 2010, 10:43 AM EST
The NBA knows what you want. That’s why it’s FANtastic! So when Commissioner Stern searched through the deepest, darkest recesses of the collective fan unconscious, and has given every basketball enthusiast what they really, truly desire: a ton of Washington Wizards game in as short of a stretch as possible.
…eventually, the Wizards were going to have to deal with the hoopocalypse — a grueling avalanche of games that finds them playing five times in six nights in four different cities. After playing their rescheduled game against the Hawks on Thursday at Verizon Center, they will face Detroit in Auburn Hills, Mich., on Friday and host the Orlando Magic on Saturday. Then, after playing a rare back-to-back-to-back set, the Wizards will travel to play back-to-back road games in Utah and Denver.
“The rock star tour,” Saunders joked. “We’re going total AAU basketball after this. Games every day.”
No team has been forced to play this many games in such a close period of time since the lockout-shortened season in 1998-99, when the league had to cram a 50-game schedule into four months.
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 3
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 0
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 26
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 2
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 35
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9