Mar 11, 2010, 4:02 PM EDT
UPDATE 4:01 pm: This experiment is over: According to the twitter account of Matt Steinmetz of CSN Bay Area (and you should believe everything you read on twitter) Monta Ellis participated in shoot around and is a go for tonight against the Trail Blazers.
2:25 pm: When Monta Ellis went down with an injury after playing 43 minutes and shooting 6-22 from the field against the Denver Nuggets, some people thought that the Warriors might actually play better without Ellis in the lineup. Ellis has been the leading scorer for the Warriors this season, but he has used a lot of shots and turned the ball over many times on his way to getting his points. According to 82games.com, the Warriors have played much, much better during the brief periods Ellis has sat this season. Of course, as Ellis almost never sits, there was no way to know how the Warriors would play if Ellis actually started missing entire games.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to be team president. Or not. Depends on who you ask. 7
- Extra Pass: Western Conference playoff field ought to be really good, but just how good? 0
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: San Antonio with another impressive statement 0
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 7
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 19