Mar 11, 2010, 4:02 PM EST
UPDATE 4:01 pm: This experiment is over: According to the twitter account of Matt Steinmetz of CSN Bay Area (and you should believe everything you read on twitter) Monta Ellis participated in shoot around and is a go for tonight against the Trail Blazers.
2:25 pm: When Monta Ellis went down with an injury after playing 43 minutes and shooting 6-22 from the field against the Denver Nuggets, some people thought that the Warriors might actually play better without Ellis in the lineup. Ellis has been the leading scorer for the Warriors this season, but he has used a lot of shots and turned the ball over many times on his way to getting his points. According to 82games.com, the Warriors have played much, much better during the brief periods Ellis has sat this season. Of course, as Ellis almost never sits, there was no way to know how the Warriors would play if Ellis actually started missing entire games.
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 2
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 2
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 10
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 13
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9