Mar 11, 2010, 11:05 AM EDT
Peja Stojakovic will be out for the next two weeks with a lower abdominal strain, the Hornets have announced.
The injury happened during Monday night’s shootout with the Warriors. Not that this is a huge loss on the court, Peja continues to be a pedestrian small forward who can hit some threes but doesn’t defend well. His numbers are almost identical to last season, so he’s been consistently pedestrian. It’s just that one could expect more out of $12 million in salary.
Julian Wright, come on down, you’re then next contestant starting at the three for the Hornets. Wright defends much better, is more athletic, gets more shots at the rim but also can’t stretch the floor out to the arc nearly as well and turns the ball over a lot more. The thing is, he is a third-year player out of Kansas with room for improvement. Plus, he makes just $2 million this year.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 3
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48