Mar 11, 2010, 11:05 AM EDT
Peja Stojakovic will be out for the next two weeks with a lower abdominal strain, the Hornets have announced.
The injury happened during Monday night’s shootout with the Warriors. Not that this is a huge loss on the court, Peja continues to be a pedestrian small forward who can hit some threes but doesn’t defend well. His numbers are almost identical to last season, so he’s been consistently pedestrian. It’s just that one could expect more out of $12 million in salary.
Julian Wright, come on down, you’re then next contestant starting at the three for the Hornets. Wright defends much better, is more athletic, gets more shots at the rim but also can’t stretch the floor out to the arc nearly as well and turns the ball over a lot more. The thing is, he is a third-year player out of Kansas with room for improvement. Plus, he makes just $2 million this year.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 16
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 4
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 23
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10