Mar 11, 2010, 11:05 AM EDT
Peja Stojakovic will be out for the next two weeks with a lower abdominal strain, the Hornets have announced.
The injury happened during Monday night’s shootout with the Warriors. Not that this is a huge loss on the court, Peja continues to be a pedestrian small forward who can hit some threes but doesn’t defend well. His numbers are almost identical to last season, so he’s been consistently pedestrian. It’s just that one could expect more out of $12 million in salary.
Julian Wright, come on down, you’re then next contestant starting at the three for the Hornets. Wright defends much better, is more athletic, gets more shots at the rim but also can’t stretch the floor out to the arc nearly as well and turns the ball over a lot more. The thing is, he is a third-year player out of Kansas with room for improvement. Plus, he makes just $2 million this year.
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 0
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 50
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 56
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 17
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 15
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 19
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 46