Mar 11, 2010, 11:05 AM EST
Peja Stojakovic will be out for the next two weeks with a lower abdominal strain, the Hornets have announced.
The injury happened during Monday night’s shootout with the Warriors. Not that this is a huge loss on the court, Peja continues to be a pedestrian small forward who can hit some threes but doesn’t defend well. His numbers are almost identical to last season, so he’s been consistently pedestrian. It’s just that one could expect more out of $12 million in salary.
Julian Wright, come on down, you’re then next contestant starting at the three for the Hornets. Wright defends much better, is more athletic, gets more shots at the rim but also can’t stretch the floor out to the arc nearly as well and turns the ball over a lot more. The thing is, he is a third-year player out of Kansas with room for improvement. Plus, he makes just $2 million this year.
- Thursday night NBA grades: Any more questions for LaMarcus Aldridge? Didn’t think so. 0
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 9
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 20
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 35
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (64)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)