Mar 11, 2010, 11:05 AM EDT
Peja Stojakovic will be out for the next two weeks with a lower abdominal strain, the Hornets have announced.
The injury happened during Monday night’s shootout with the Warriors. Not that this is a huge loss on the court, Peja continues to be a pedestrian small forward who can hit some threes but doesn’t defend well. His numbers are almost identical to last season, so he’s been consistently pedestrian. It’s just that one could expect more out of $12 million in salary.
Julian Wright, come on down, you’re then next contestant starting at the three for the Hornets. Wright defends much better, is more athletic, gets more shots at the rim but also can’t stretch the floor out to the arc nearly as well and turns the ball over a lot more. The thing is, he is a third-year player out of Kansas with room for improvement. Plus, he makes just $2 million this year.
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 10
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 29
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 35