Mar 11, 2010, 6:22 PM EDT
Kevin Durant hasn’t racked up the assists so far in his NBA career, but he helps his teammates out in other ways. In this clip from a season-ticket holder event in Oklahoma City, it is clear that Durant has the power to bless the ball with his powers and make it go in when somebody shoots it.
As fun as this clip is, the real story might be the genuine joy Durant shows when the fan (spoiler alert) makes the half-court shot. Durant was enjoying himself, which is great to see from any NBA superstar, especially one in a smaller market. Earlier this week, Durant talked about how he liked the laid-back feel and free skittles that he gets playing in Oklahoma City. In this clip, we can see that that sentiment was more than just words. Between the connection he feels with Thunder fans and the home-court advantage that the haunted hotel in Oklahoma City provides, Durant has plenty of reasons to stay with the Thunder for a long, long while.
- PBT Extra: Previewing Heat/Spurs NBA Finals Game 7 3
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 4
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 9
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 37
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 16
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (79)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record