Mar 11, 2010, 6:22 PM EST
Kevin Durant hasn’t racked up the assists so far in his NBA career, but he helps his teammates out in other ways. In this clip from a season-ticket holder event in Oklahoma City, it is clear that Durant has the power to bless the ball with his powers and make it go in when somebody shoots it.
As fun as this clip is, the real story might be the genuine joy Durant shows when the fan (spoiler alert) makes the half-court shot. Durant was enjoying himself, which is great to see from any NBA superstar, especially one in a smaller market. Earlier this week, Durant talked about how he liked the laid-back feel and free skittles that he gets playing in Oklahoma City. In this clip, we can see that that sentiment was more than just words. Between the connection he feels with Thunder fans and the home-court advantage that the haunted hotel in Oklahoma City provides, Durant has plenty of reasons to stay with the Thunder for a long, long while.
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 6
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 16
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 32
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 8
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)