Mar 11, 2010, 6:22 PM EDT
As fun as this clip is, the real story might be the genuine joy Durant shows when the fan (spoiler alert) makes the half-court shot. Durant was enjoying himself, which is great to see from any NBA superstar, especially one in a smaller market. Earlier this week, Durant talked about how he liked the laid-back feel and free skittles that he gets playing in Oklahoma City. In this clip, we can see that that sentiment was more than just words. Between the connection he feels with Thunder fans and the home-court advantage that the haunted hotel in Oklahoma City provides, Durant has plenty of reasons to stay with the Thunder for a long, long while.
- Wednesday NBA grades: Kevin Durant ends season exactly like you think he would 0
- Finally the NBA playoff match ups are set 29
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 5
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 38
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 17