Mar 11, 2010, 9:23 AM EDT
Isiah Thomas was a drafter. For all his countless flaws — and the New York media did their best to count them — the man was good on draft day. Dude found David Lee, Trevor Ariza and Nate Robinson near the bottom of the board, he also picked Damon Stoudamire, which was derided at the time but who proved to be a good player.
Michael Jordan is the opposite of that, says Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer.
Michael Jordan is a trader. He’s not a drafter. Sometimes you have to accept people’s strengths, and that’s the deal: The same guy who looks like a fool for drafting Kwame Brown and Adam Morrison looks pretty damn smart for trading next-to-nothing for Stephen Jackson and Tyrus Thomas.
You know, Morrison will be a free agent this summer, if Jordan wants to give the guy one more chance.
- Report: Dwight Howard told Lakers GM he was frustrated with D’Antoni 0
- Durant, Thunder players tweet out support for Oklahoma City 4
- Brothers allege entourage of Damian Lillard beat them for taking his picture 17
- Amar’e Stoudemire still thinks Knicks’ front court trio can work 17
- Report: Dwight Howard not going to Clippers… did we need a report for that? 18
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (119)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (87)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (73)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay