Mar 11, 2010, 3:40 PM EDT
Dorell Wright was arrested for a DUI early Thursday morning, the second Heat player with a traffic related arrest in the last two weeks. From the Miami Herald:
According to the arrest report, Wright, 24, was stopped at 3:37 a.m. in his 2005 Bentley near the intersection of Alton Road and 12th Street. Officers witnessed Wright driving erratically and, upon approaching the vehicle, observed “red and watery eyes, order of an alcoholic beverage on his breath and low and slurred speech.”
Wright could not find his proof of insurance, knew he was driving on a suspended license and refused to submit to a sobriety test, according to the affidavit. Wright also was accused of driving 52 mph in a 25 mph zone.
Wright was booked, paid bail and was released at 10 a.m. Thursday.
Wright’s Heat teammate Carlos Arroyo was arrested back on Feb. 24 for impeding traffic (driving too slow) then resisting arrest.
Wright likely serve a suspension handed down by the league, the going rate seems to be two games for a DUI. When that suspension come sdown remains to be seen.
Wright has been a solid contributor off the bench for the Heat, playing about 20 minutes a night and scoring six.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 6
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 43
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 19
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70