Mar 11, 2010, 3:40 PM EDT
Dorell Wright was arrested for a DUI early Thursday morning, the second Heat player with a traffic related arrest in the last two weeks. From the Miami Herald:
According to the arrest report, Wright, 24, was stopped at 3:37 a.m. in his 2005 Bentley near the intersection of Alton Road and 12th Street. Officers witnessed Wright driving erratically and, upon approaching the vehicle, observed “red and watery eyes, order of an alcoholic beverage on his breath and low and slurred speech.”
Wright could not find his proof of insurance, knew he was driving on a suspended license and refused to submit to a sobriety test, according to the affidavit. Wright also was accused of driving 52 mph in a 25 mph zone.
Wright was booked, paid bail and was released at 10 a.m. Thursday.
Wright’s Heat teammate Carlos Arroyo was arrested back on Feb. 24 for impeding traffic (driving too slow) then resisting arrest.
Wright likely serve a suspension handed down by the league, the going rate seems to be two games for a DUI. When that suspension come sdown remains to be seen.
Wright has been a solid contributor off the bench for the Heat, playing about 20 minutes a night and scoring six.
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 3
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 21
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 41
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2