Mar 11, 2010, 3:40 PM EDT
Dorell Wright was arrested for a DUI early Thursday morning, the second Heat player with a traffic related arrest in the last two weeks. From the Miami Herald:
According to the arrest report, Wright, 24, was stopped at 3:37 a.m. in his 2005 Bentley near the intersection of Alton Road and 12th Street. Officers witnessed Wright driving erratically and, upon approaching the vehicle, observed “red and watery eyes, order of an alcoholic beverage on his breath and low and slurred speech.”
Wright could not find his proof of insurance, knew he was driving on a suspended license and refused to submit to a sobriety test, according to the affidavit. Wright also was accused of driving 52 mph in a 25 mph zone.
Wright was booked, paid bail and was released at 10 a.m. Thursday.
Wright’s Heat teammate Carlos Arroyo was arrested back on Feb. 24 for impeding traffic (driving too slow) then resisting arrest.
Wright likely serve a suspension handed down by the league, the going rate seems to be two games for a DUI. When that suspension come sdown remains to be seen.
Wright has been a solid contributor off the bench for the Heat, playing about 20 minutes a night and scoring six.
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 14
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 39
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 81
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48