Mar 10, 2010, 10:06 PM EDT
We’ve seen some great franchise rehabs over the past few decades. The Trailblazers reformed themselves into a young, talented core of versatile players while becoming largely transparent in personality, save for Greg Oden in between limping. The Pacers have shed themselves of the Malice at the Palace imagery by submarining into epic mediocrity.
But the Nets are trying a whole new level of redefinition.
They’ve launched a whole site to wipe away the memories of this dreadful, star cross’d season: netsallnew.com.
The site is just a promo shell at this point, with a video trumpeting where the Nets will be playing next year: the Prudential Center in Newark. It also promotes new leadership, the draft, and free agency. There’s even a small mark at the end of the video saying the jerseys may change.
All teams have bad seasons. But what the Nets are going through has prompted them to make a run at erasing everything that has to do with their identity. Amy Winehouse needs to pull a Nets.
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 0
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 0
- Cavaliers bask in another lottery victory 5
- For second time in three years Cavaliers win NBA draft lottery 33
- PBT Extra: Eastern Conference Finals preview time 3
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car
- Play Video: Metta World Peace the weatherman
- Play Video: Eastern Conference finals preview
- Play Video: Heat gearing for another physical battle
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars