Mar 10, 2010, 2:31 PM EST
UPDATE 2:31 pm: And as predictably as the tides comes the denial from ownership that they have even thought about this. Of course they haven’t it’s all just a media creation. Nobody else has talked about Jordan getting fired.
Peter Luukko, president and COO of Comcast-Spectacor, said Wednesday
morning that Sixers management hasn’t already decided to fire coach
10:21 am: Eddie Jordan did not lose the Sixers as coach, because that implies he at one point had them. The team has never looked comfortable trying to run his Princeton-like offense, and he has as much as admitted he has struggled to motivate and reach his players. In recent interviews he has seemed frustrated about it.
That spells doom for a coach — the Sixers are close to firing Jordan, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.
Comcast-Spectacor is ready to fire 76ers coach Eddie Jordan, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the situation.
Several other sources also indicated that the organization will “seriously evaluate” Sixers general manager Ed Stefanski, who hired Jordan less than a year ago.
These reports leaking out that they are going to fire him at the end of the season may speed up that timeline, as the questions keep coming and the situation gets more uncomfortable or everyone involved.
Jordan did not reach the players, but the problem with the Sixers run deeper and Stefanski may bear more responsibility. While there’s a little young talent, the Sixers roster is hamstrung in efforts to rebuild by the massive Elton Brand contract. It was Stefanski that made that deal. And it is that deal and that roster that will make it hard for any new coach or general manager to work wonders.
- Mike D’Antoni: Chances “pretty good” Kobe plays Sunday 0
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 8
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 7
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 16
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 12
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)