Mar 10, 2010, 2:31 PM EST
UPDATE 2:31 pm: And as predictably as the tides comes the denial from ownership that they have even thought about this. Of course they haven’t it’s all just a media creation. Nobody else has talked about Jordan getting fired.
Peter Luukko, president and COO of Comcast-Spectacor, said Wednesday
morning that Sixers management hasn’t already decided to fire coach
10:21 am: Eddie Jordan did not lose the Sixers as coach, because that implies he at one point had them. The team has never looked comfortable trying to run his Princeton-like offense, and he has as much as admitted he has struggled to motivate and reach his players. In recent interviews he has seemed frustrated about it.
That spells doom for a coach — the Sixers are close to firing Jordan, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.
Comcast-Spectacor is ready to fire 76ers coach Eddie Jordan, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the situation.
Several other sources also indicated that the organization will “seriously evaluate” Sixers general manager Ed Stefanski, who hired Jordan less than a year ago.
These reports leaking out that they are going to fire him at the end of the season may speed up that timeline, as the questions keep coming and the situation gets more uncomfortable or everyone involved.
Jordan did not reach the players, but the problem with the Sixers run deeper and Stefanski may bear more responsibility. While there’s a little young talent, the Sixers roster is hamstrung in efforts to rebuild by the massive Elton Brand contract. It was Stefanski that made that deal. And it is that deal and that roster that will make it hard for any new coach or general manager to work wonders.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 15
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6