Mar 10, 2010, 6:47 PM EDT
British comedian Russell Brand is big in his native land because he hosted a sister show to Big Brother (you know, the reality show that nobody here cares about each summer). You might know him best from his forgettable role in Forgetting Sarah Marshall (I say you might know him because I didn’t bother to see it).
Brand is in Los Angeles trying to strike it big on this side of the pond, and he got one of the biggest celebrity badges of honor in Los Angeles Tuesday night — courtside Lakers tickets. He was in the front row for Chris Bosh’s game-tying three and Kobe’s game winner.
“Kobe must focus on three balls because I refuse to wear underpants.”
“What is a Laker anyway? A sub aquatic Quaker? It doesn’t make sense.
“And they pick the ball up in their hands. God, I miss West Ham.”
Yes, nothing quite as gripping as three-points-clear-of-relegation West Ham football. Frankly, that team could be allowed to use their hands and it wouldn’t help.
Brand, little bit of advice from an Angelino whose entire family is in The Business. Trying to impress fellow celebrities and studio decision makers in this town by insulting the Lakers works about as well as telling them you’re a proud gun-toting Republican. Worse really. Because LA might not be the most religious of cities but if there is a church it is the Lakers.
But I do look forward to checking out your next straight-to-video release.
- Report: Dwight Howard told Lakers GM he was frustrated with D’Antoni 0
- Durant, Thunder players tweet out support for Oklahoma City 4
- Brothers allege entourage of Damian Lillard beat them for taking his picture 17
- Amar’e Stoudemire still thinks Knicks’ front court trio can work 17
- Report: Dwight Howard not going to Clippers… did we need a report for that? 18
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (119)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (87)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (72)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- CBT: Ex-Rutgers coach Rice seeks Lucas' counsel
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay