Mar 10, 2010, 6:47 PM EST
British comedian Russell Brand is big in his native land because he hosted a sister show to Big Brother (you know, the reality show that nobody here cares about each summer). You might know him best from his forgettable role in Forgetting Sarah Marshall (I say you might know him because I didn’t bother to see it).
Brand is in Los Angeles trying to strike it big on this side of the pond, and he got one of the biggest celebrity badges of honor in Los Angeles Tuesday night — courtside Lakers tickets. He was in the front row for Chris Bosh’s game-tying three and Kobe’s game winner.
“Kobe must focus on three balls because I refuse to wear underpants.”
“What is a Laker anyway? A sub aquatic Quaker? It doesn’t make sense.
“And they pick the ball up in their hands. God, I miss West Ham.”
Yes, nothing quite as gripping as three-points-clear-of-relegation West Ham football. Frankly, that team could be allowed to use their hands and it wouldn’t help.
Brand, little bit of advice from an Angelino whose entire family is in The Business. Trying to impress fellow celebrities and studio decision makers in this town by insulting the Lakers works about as well as telling them you’re a proud gun-toting Republican. Worse really. Because LA might not be the most religious of cities but if there is a church it is the Lakers.
But I do look forward to checking out your next straight-to-video release.
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 12
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 24
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 5
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 7
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 3
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 11