Mar 10, 2010, 6:47 PM EDT
British comedian Russell Brand is big in his native land because he hosted a sister show to Big Brother (you know, the reality show that nobody here cares about each summer). You might know him best from his forgettable role in Forgetting Sarah Marshall (I say you might know him because I didn’t bother to see it).
Brand is in Los Angeles trying to strike it big on this side of the pond, and he got one of the biggest celebrity badges of honor in Los Angeles Tuesday night — courtside Lakers tickets. He was in the front row for Chris Bosh’s game-tying three and Kobe’s game winner.
“Kobe must focus on three balls because I refuse to wear underpants.”
“What is a Laker anyway? A sub aquatic Quaker? It doesn’t make sense.
“And they pick the ball up in their hands. God, I miss West Ham.”
Yes, nothing quite as gripping as three-points-clear-of-relegation West Ham football. Frankly, that team could be allowed to use their hands and it wouldn’t help.
Brand, little bit of advice from an Angelino whose entire family is in The Business. Trying to impress fellow celebrities and studio decision makers in this town by insulting the Lakers works about as well as telling them you’re a proud gun-toting Republican. Worse really. Because LA might not be the most religious of cities but if there is a church it is the Lakers.
But I do look forward to checking out your next straight-to-video release.
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 3
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 21
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 61
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5