Barnes, Odom still going at it on twitter

Mar 10, 2010, 12:42 PM EDT

This makes it official — I want a Lakers/Magic NBA Finals. Only because I want more Lamar Odom and Matt Barnes on the same court as soon as possible.

Let’s take you all the way back to Sunday (you remember, you woke up hungover with those stamps on your hand), when after Orlando beat Los Angeles and Barnes was in Kobe Bryant’s face, Odom called Barnes “a monkey.”

Then Tuesday, Odom kept barking.

“That (expletive)  that Matt Barnes pulled,” Odom said, “That ain’t never going to happen again.”

Wednesday morning, Barnes was home (apparently with his kids) when he read the quote and responded on twitter.

“Morning yall up early w/ the babies watchn Dora. Seems Lamar can’t keep my name out his mouth maby I need 2 put my sons (expletive) diaper n it”

Seriously. I want these two back on the same court as soon as possible. Sorry Cavaliers and Mavericks, nothing personal.

1. Nick Geerz - Mar 10, 2010 at 2:14 PM

stupid is as stupid does isnt this the same shine who married khloe after 2 dates…suckers
    BABBA BOOEY BABBA BOOEY

2. Peter, Pan - Mar 10, 2010 at 2:42 PM

It’s about time.
    I get tried of the touchy feel shake hands stuff.
    Screw that beat their butts then some, this is the PROS not itty bitty ball.
    People complain because King James does not shake hands after a loss.
    Last time I looked Microsoft did not kiss Googles butt in beating them in search engine rankings.
    Complete crap beat them down, and then kick um.
    Screw the Lakers, Yankees, and SOX!

3. Len - Mar 10, 2010 at 2:53 PM

No Barnes was not in Kobe Bryant’s face Kobe made a move towards Barnes after Bryant fouled him but no foul was called which is typical. Kobe raised his arms up stuck out his chest and bumped Barnes. I would have thrown a technical on Kobe and waited for his reaction, which would be a typical spoiled little bratt, then thrown the arrogant ass out of the game

4. vdude - Mar 10, 2010 at 2:58 PM

matt barnes never herd of him he hasn’t done anything never will hit a couple shots kobe doesn’t flinch on his inbound fake give him a raise he will get you a ring lol

5. Sguy2130 - Mar 10, 2010 at 4:12 PM

I thought these 2 said they were joking and are friends….I guess you didn’t get that memo…

6. Sguy2130 - Mar 10, 2010 at 4:15 PM

7. Linus, Ben - Mar 10, 2010 at 6:30 PM

@Sguy2130:
    Seems everyone here missed the memo, not to mention having a clue.

8. doyourhomework, America - Mar 10, 2010 at 6:52 PM

Love the fact you hate the Yankees so much you even have to comment on it in regards to a basketball story.
    you suck Peter Pansexual (google it).
    Yankees rule!

9. Wizard of Ozola - Mar 10, 2010 at 8:09 PM

DANA WHITE ON THE HORN, GOT KOBE AND BARNES FOR UFC 121 IN NEWARK ON THE UNDER CARD. LOSER GETS SENT TO HARLEM TO GET STUMP HEAD TREATMENT. BARNES IS WANNA -BE BOWEN REPLACEMENT, KOBE IS WANNA-BE IRAQ MILITARY FRONT LINE TOUGH GUY. SEND BOTH OF THEM TO JUAREZ, MEXICO FOR A LITTLE WORKOUT WITH THE LOCALS. MY $$ SAYS KOBE LAST 2 MINUTES , BARNES 5.COMPREDE CHICO.?SEND PETER PAN THERE TOO, LOCALS CAN USE HIS HEAD FOR A SOCCER BALL, INCA STYLE.

10. Peter, Pan - Mar 10, 2010 at 11:43 PM

@doyourhomework, America.
    Did I mention Yankee’s suck.
    Are you even from NY? Probaly not!
    GET A SALARY CAP…then call me!
    Until then NFL / College FB keep beating down BASEBALL, until it DIES OFF or gets a CAP!

11. Peter Pan fan - Mar 11, 2010 at 12:00 AM

Hey Peter Pan, I don’t get what you’re pointing at mentioning other sports?
    Are you a rape victim of an athlete from the teams you’ve mentioned which sued but didn’t win now you’re letting out your hate in this page?
    Or maybe you’re a google employee who got kicked out because you’re good for nothing just like you’re comment…
    Pity you, good luck on you’re homework boy…

12. WhiteLightnin' - Mar 11, 2010 at 1:54 AM

Add me to the list of people pulling for a rematch. Go LO!

13. Rick - Mar 11, 2010 at 11:39 AM

Part of the interest in watching sports, if sports are in part a substitute for conflict/battle/war, is watching the athletics trying to play very aggresively, and yet needing to play within the rules of the game, and within the social standarts of our society. A great thin line adding to the tension, waiting for that sucker punch, ala C. Anthony last yearr, or Arrtest bring back that arm, not wanting to puch that other player. It all great fun! But the childish snipping, baby talk1 Whats his ass taste like? But when you are a walking inked-up cartoon like Matt? Have class will tell!

14. Corey Haim's Dead Body - Mar 11, 2010 at 12:31 PM

Just reading all of these comments made me lose 8 IQ points.
    50% of you people are retards.

15. Robert Newman - Mar 11, 2010 at 5:21 PM

Barnes does not have Bryant’s offensive talent, but then again he is not a rapist either. My problem with Bryant all along has been his inability to play team ball. He wants to be the hero and hit the jumper with time expiring on the clock to win. I also think Bryant plays dirty as hell. Barnes does some of that too, but Bryant uses dirty tactics as an part of his game and the refs cut him far more slack than they should. I used to be a Laker fan in the old days but Byant made it easy to go root for someone else. Personally I like Barnes talking smack about the Lakers. Starting with Phil Jackson on down, they are a bunch of whiners.

16. Cap Daddy - Mar 11, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Let me know when Barnes has half the rings of Kobe or Lamar!!

17. Truth - Mar 11, 2010 at 11:23 PM

Passing the ball to Kobe Bryant is like throwing it into a cavern……

18. john kizziar - Mar 12, 2010 at 12:05 AM

…too bad Twitter wasn’t around when Ric Fox decided to get in Doug Christy’s face, woulda saved him some red face

19. R BARNES - Mar 12, 2010 at 9:36 AM

ODOM NEEDS TO CHANGE HIS NAME ON HIS JERSEY TO KARDASHIAN, THEN EVERYONE WILL KNOW WHO HE IS.

20. tbig - Mar 12, 2010 at 9:45 AM

Why you speaking on Lamar personal life? Nick.This is a basketball matter,what he does off the court is his business,You sound like ur jealous,You holding something for Klohe?

21. Anonymous - Mar 12, 2010 at 9:58 AM

Babba-booey!!!!

22. tbig - Mar 12, 2010 at 10:05 AM

Barnes,Quit hating and win you a ring

23. Anonymous - Mar 12, 2010 at 10:28 AM

de loco win you a ring

24. h.c - Mar 12, 2010 at 10:39 AM

People see what they want to see. I watched the same game and I watched two people equally involved in getting tangled up. It was absolutely not one sided!! Why did Barnes take the ball and fake a pass to the face of Kobe? Why did barnes deliberately bump into Kobe before taking the ball out. Even the sports announcer make a coment about Barnes agressive actions. It takes two to tangle.

25. Joseph - Mar 12, 2010 at 10:42 AM

What proof do you have that Kobe raped anybody. What you have is a stupid girl who threw herself at Kobe for a payday which she got. Reading your comment makes wonder how you can call anybody whiners. All you clowns who are routing for a rematch, remember what happen last year. It did not work out to well. When Orlando put a ring on their finger then they can talk.

Why can't Lakers have a player-coach?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches