Mar 9, 2010, 3:20 PM EST
Former NBA All-Star Stephon Marbury has failed to help his new team, Shanxi Zhongyu, to qualify for the CBA play-offs. Marbury has made good numbers in China (23.1 points, 9.4 assists and 6.2 rebounds), but is not happy with the cold weather of Shanxi province, and has demanded $2 million to continue next year. Marbury is earning $25K a month right now, since signing for the Chinese team a month and a half ago.
It’s been a long, strange journey for Marbury over the last few years. If Shanxi Zhongyu won’t pay Marbury, there’s no telling where the next stop for the former superstar will be.
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 0
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 0
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 15
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 9
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 33
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7