Mar 9, 2010, 3:20 PM EDT
Former NBA All-Star Stephon Marbury has failed to help his new team, Shanxi Zhongyu, to qualify for the CBA play-offs. Marbury has made good numbers in China (23.1 points, 9.4 assists and 6.2 rebounds), but is not happy with the cold weather of Shanxi province, and has demanded $2 million to continue next year. Marbury is earning $25K a month right now, since signing for the Chinese team a month and a half ago.
It’s been a long, strange journey for Marbury over the last few years. If Shanxi Zhongyu won’t pay Marbury, there’s no telling where the next stop for the former superstar will be.
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 19
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 17
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 17
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 24
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80