Mar 9, 2010, 3:20 PM EDT
Former NBA All-Star Stephon Marbury has failed to help his new team, Shanxi Zhongyu, to qualify for the CBA play-offs. Marbury has made good numbers in China (23.1 points, 9.4 assists and 6.2 rebounds), but is not happy with the cold weather of Shanxi province, and has demanded $2 million to continue next year. Marbury is earning $25K a month right now, since signing for the Chinese team a month and a half ago.
It’s been a long, strange journey for Marbury over the last few years. If Shanxi Zhongyu won’t pay Marbury, there’s no telling where the next stop for the former superstar will be.
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 5
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 22
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 42
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 50