Mar 9, 2010, 2:24 PM EDT
It hasn’t been the Pacers’ year this season. The Pacers are currently sitting at 20-43, are miles away from playoff contention, and the only team doing worse than the Pacers in the Eastern Conference is the Nets. In fact, some people think this year’s Pacers squad may be the worst Pacer team ever.
“For me, and for the fans who still pay attention to the Pacers, the tipping point came earlier this week after Josh McRoberts’ inspired performance against the Los Angeles Lakers. O’Brien was lobbed a softball question about McRoberts, given a chance to laud a guy who rarely gets off the bench, and he slammed him by saying his performance was “irrelevant.” He then said he wanted to see McRoberts do that in a winning effort, except McRoberts never gets to play when the game is on the line. For his good work against L.A., McRoberts was rewarded with five minutes of garbage time in Portland.”
The way I see it, the Pacers have serious problems on just about every level. They’re a poorly constructed team, they don’t have enough talent, and they’ve only become more and more irrelevant with each move they’ve made since the Palace Brawl. A new coach would be the easiest major change the Pacers could make. However, it’s far from the only change that needs to be made if the Pacers want to get back to winning.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 22
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 26
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4