Mar 9, 2010, 2:24 PM EDT
It hasn’t been the Pacers’ year this season. The Pacers are currently sitting at 20-43, are miles away from playoff contention, and the only team doing worse than the Pacers in the Eastern Conference is the Nets. In fact, some people think this year’s Pacers squad may be the worst Pacer team ever.
“For me, and for the fans who still pay attention to the Pacers, the tipping point came earlier this week after Josh McRoberts’ inspired performance against the Los Angeles Lakers. O’Brien was lobbed a softball question about McRoberts, given a chance to laud a guy who rarely gets off the bench, and he slammed him by saying his performance was “irrelevant.” He then said he wanted to see McRoberts do that in a winning effort, except McRoberts never gets to play when the game is on the line. For his good work against L.A., McRoberts was rewarded with five minutes of garbage time in Portland.”
The way I see it, the Pacers have serious problems on just about every level. They’re a poorly constructed team, they don’t have enough talent, and they’ve only become more and more irrelevant with each move they’ve made since the Palace Brawl. A new coach would be the easiest major change the Pacers could make. However, it’s far from the only change that needs to be made if the Pacers want to get back to winning.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 1
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14