Mar 9, 2010, 2:25 PM EDT
UPDATE 3/9 2:25 pm: The MRI found no damage, according to Brian Windhorst. That means it’s just a matter of rest and treatment for Jamison. The best news for Cavaliers fans is that come the playoffs, there are no back-to-backs and often two or even three days between games, giving sore knees even more time to recover.
3/9 1:28 am: After the game it was reported that Jamison will have an MRI on his left knee tomorrow. He said that he had pain in this same knee earlier in the season but was able to recover with rest and treatment. He will have time for both as Cleveland does not play again until Friday, and Jamison said he plans to suit up for that game.
3/8 9:47 pm: In some sort of great balancing of the cosmic scales, as Boston starts to get a little healthier, the Cavaliers are getting more banged up.
After playing 21 minutes, newly acquired Antawn Jamison did not return to the floor for the Cleveland Cavaliers Monday night due to knee stiffness. That is for a team already without LeBron James (ankle) and Shaquille O’Neal (the dude is old), not to mention the Big Z vacation plan.
Cleveland fought through to win even without all their top scorers, becoming the first team to reach 50 wins on the season.
Jamison has had a sore left knee for a good part of the season, but has been able to play through it without incident. We will update this story as information comes in.
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 4
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 4
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 15
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7