Mar 9, 2010, 2:25 PM EDT
UPDATE 3/9 2:25 pm: The MRI found no damage, according to Brian Windhorst. That means it’s just a matter of rest and treatment for Jamison. The best news for Cavaliers fans is that come the playoffs, there are no back-to-backs and often two or even three days between games, giving sore knees even more time to recover.
3/9 1:28 am: After the game it was reported that Jamison will have an MRI on his left knee tomorrow. He said that he had pain in this same knee earlier in the season but was able to recover with rest and treatment. He will have time for both as Cleveland does not play again until Friday, and Jamison said he plans to suit up for that game.
3/8 9:47 pm: In some sort of great balancing of the cosmic scales, as Boston starts to get a little healthier, the Cavaliers are getting more banged up.
After playing 21 minutes, newly acquired Antawn Jamison did not return to the floor for the Cleveland Cavaliers Monday night due to knee stiffness. That is for a team already without LeBron James (ankle) and Shaquille O’Neal (the dude is old), not to mention the Big Z vacation plan.
Cleveland fought through to win even without all their top scorers, becoming the first team to reach 50 wins on the season.
Jamison has had a sore left knee for a good part of the season, but has been able to play through it without incident. We will update this story as information comes in.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 0
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 10
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 14
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9