Mar 9, 2010, 10:42 AM EDT
Look, he’s a veteran. He knows the tricks of the trade, the ins and outs, the goings-on. He’s been around the block once or twice, and at almost 30 years old, this isn’t exactly his first rodeo.
Only, this is his first rodeo. Or will be, rather.
After a long career of playing for teams that ranged from completely inept to sub-mediocre, Jamal Crawford, in his tenth NBA season, will finally make it to the playoffs. Think about that. Ten. Years. A player of Crawford’s caliber has toiled away (sometimes due to his own faults) on losing team after losing team, and only now will he get his first taste of post-season glory.
Which is an undeniably good thing. Not only because Atlanta is pleased to have him, but because you and I should be pleased to watch Crawford do his thing under the bright lights. From Jonathan Abrams of the New York Times’ Off the Dribble Blog:
His streak reached 659 games Monday night against the Knicks. It
will come to a finish at the end of this season at 679 games when the
Hawks get ready for the playoffs. They are comfortably in second place
in the Southeast Division and a near lock for home-court advantage in
the first round.
“I always said the thing that bothered me most about it was I
actually hadn’t experienced the big games in front of the crowd like
that,” Crawford said. “I just think on that stage, I’m at my best.”
Now he can finally find out if his assumption is true.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 78
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32