Mar 9, 2010, 10:42 AM EDT
Look, he’s a veteran. He knows the tricks of the trade, the ins and outs, the goings-on. He’s been around the block once or twice, and at almost 30 years old, this isn’t exactly his first rodeo.
Only, this is his first rodeo. Or will be, rather.
After a long career of playing for teams that ranged from completely inept to sub-mediocre, Jamal Crawford, in his tenth NBA season, will finally make it to the playoffs. Think about that. Ten. Years. A player of Crawford’s caliber has toiled away (sometimes due to his own faults) on losing team after losing team, and only now will he get his first taste of post-season glory.
Which is an undeniably good thing. Not only because Atlanta is pleased to have him, but because you and I should be pleased to watch Crawford do his thing under the bright lights. From Jonathan Abrams of the New York Times’ Off the Dribble Blog:
His streak reached 659 games Monday night against the Knicks. It
will come to a finish at the end of this season at 679 games when the
Hawks get ready for the playoffs. They are comfortably in second place
in the Southeast Division and a near lock for home-court advantage in
the first round.
“I always said the thing that bothered me most about it was I
actually hadn’t experienced the big games in front of the crowd like
that,” Crawford said. “I just think on that stage, I’m at my best.”
Now he can finally find out if his assumption is true.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31